Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
updated info -how safe are your financial records -
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:33:44    Post Subject: updated info -how safe are your financial records - Reply with quote View Single Post

do you feel banks do enought to keep them safe ?
i really am starting to wonder .with all the crap they are finding.
and how are these people getting are info really !

your and my info is worth a lot of money in the wrong hands !
Quote:
The bank workers were paid $10 for each account they turned over to Lembo

In New Jersey, continued scrutiny of computer discs seized from Lembo's offices was yielding more names. Investigators have now identified nearly 700,000 potential victims, Hackensack police Capt. Frank Lomia said Monday.
this might be worth you reading -and thinking about .
link here . http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050524/D8A97UJ00.html

UPDATE BELOW
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Bank of America Corp. and Wachovia Corp. are among the big banks notifying more than 670,000 customers that account information was stolen in what may the biggest security breach to hit the banking industry.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news/fortune500/bank_info/index.htm?cnn=yes

Last edited by renovation on Tue, 24 May 2005 15:56:54; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:41:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have accounts with Wachovia... and had accounts with BOA through this winter... Bang Head
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:55:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I gotz bad news for you folks.... NONE of your info is really safe. And it's not generally from a lack of avaliable technology, it's from a lack of brains.

Simple fact, most breaches of information security is done through [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(computer_security)]"Social Engineering"[/url]
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:56:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin
sorry for the bad news ! Mr. T
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:00:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My Bank of America was previously a Fleet account, which was previously a Summit account... I never felt all thaqt secure just by all the transactions and shuffling of records, personnel, etc... But, even worse was that the branch I would go to at lunch time was robbed twice last year! Once, bad... Twice, give me a f'ing break! And the people got away each time... in an urban area of NJ...

So, I left there for Wachovia... Which I want to leave just because none of their local branches have a drive through ATM... Laughing

But, like Cheeze says... it is no better anywhere else, you just don't know until someone gets caught!
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:23:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, so the guy paid $10 per name...and there are 700,000 names?! WTH!? The guy had $7,000,000 to give away?!?!? Sheesh, I'm in the wrong business!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:35:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing ...i dont have financial records i keep all my money in a hollowed out book...wich reminds me i gotta reinstate my bank account Bang Head .
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:13:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This happens more than people realize. It's not just by hacking, or purchasing the info. Sometimes people go through legit ways to get the information. That's what happened with Choicepoint this past December. A group posed as a legit company, and paid to get access to the information, which in turn used it illegally.

This is why we've installed HD encryption on all computers at the bank I work at.
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:24:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Victim of Identy Fraud here Wave Police report filed and all agencies involved have been notified. I discovered this 4 months ago and it could be another 6 months before it's all over with. Big hassel Rolling Eyes

On the other hand there is a house in Indiana that I have been making $900 a month payments on for almost 4 years ... never been late Smile So I'm thinking about taking my vacation in June to this place ... hiring a real estate agent to sale my house ... and evicting the peeps that live there Grin
MasterSweets14
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:59:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

screw banks i jus keep my money in a shoebox under my bed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: