Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
RaidMax X1 ATX Gaming Case
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 09:41:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

NOt sure about the fan, it could be. Try it and see how it goes. The Y-cable could be pushing a little less power, although it shouldn't be... I would put it directly on the plug from the front, so the gauge will read it correctly, multiple fans and it could mess up the readings...The MB was probably pushing the fan to 100% power (overclocking the fan), while now it is probably going at the default speed.

The location for the temp probe will be fine. You just don't want it between the cpu and the heatsink.

Glad to help, it can be a little fustrating when you're first starting out.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Raptor3dPilot
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:51:41    Post Subject: Some setup assistance Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey I just bought the Raidmax X-1 and I'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the fans. The rear 120mm fan has two connections on it, there are also two connections coming from the front panel... do these just connect together? I'm assuming I'm going to need a lead from the PS so... hopefully this isn't as confusing as it sounds.

Please help! Thanks.

Raidmax X1, IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo E6400, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 P965, OCZ OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-6400.
Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:11:54    Post Subject: Re: Some setup assistance Reply with quote View Single Post

Raptor3dPilot wrote:
Hey I just bought the Raidmax X-1 and I'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the fans. The rear 120mm fan has two connections on it, there are also two connections coming from the front panel... do these just connect together? I'm assuming I'm going to need a lead from the PS so... hopefully this isn't as confusing as it sounds.

Please help! Thanks.

Yeah, that's perfectly normal. Just plug the 4-pin female connector from your power supply into the 4-pin male connector on the fan. The extra 4-pin female connector on the fan could be used for various purposes, such as to power other peripherals, like another fan with a 4-pin male connector. This is because the fan itself doesn't use much power, so allowing the power from the power supply to cross the fan and another peripheral is more practical

Last edited by Zenphic on Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:50:34; edited 1 time in total
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:44:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think Zenphic set it straight, but a picture would help make sure... Grin
Raptor3dPilot
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:57:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks guys... I ended up figuring it out. Razz

A little confusing on how I figured it out.... but everything works! HAHA Grin

BTW do you guys know a website where I can purchase some thumb screws for this case?? I meant to take them off my old comp... but forgot.

Thanks!

Raidmax X1, IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo E6400, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 P965, OCZ OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-6400.
Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:06:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice to see everything has turned out well mate! Assembling computers can be quite tricky at the beginning Smile

I think the usual thumbscrews that you find could be used on this case. Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811989004

I can't perfectly confirm though, let's wait for Big Bruin Wink
DeathSun
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:07:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I also just got a Sirius case by Raidmax, and I hate to say this...but I feel rather stupid...I saw the post about the 3 leads from the front of the case and what they are for (despite no info at all in the manual and the manual link on the website) but am still a bit confused on the installation of 2 of the leads in the case

there's a green/white twisted pair cable with a black connector with 3 holes (not like the power sw, reset sw and others that have 2 holes and plug into the header area)

What is this connector for and where should it go? I've tried in on the header, flipping it around both ways...and got nothing..

My motherboard doesn't seem to have a power led with 3 connectors, only a power/sleep one with 2
(I also assume that white is negative when it comes to these connectors, correct?)

There's also a set of connectors that resemble fan power connectors (pointed out as the power for a fan as well as the connection to enable the front fan gauge to work) , but are only 3 prong, confusing to me because all my fan connections on the MB are 4 prong.

Is this a mistake, or is there an adapter available for this?

Thanks, and any other help is much appreciated
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

jakabszili13
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 04:52:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Please someone help me out!!!!!!
where can i buy a new raidmax x-1 thermal monitor because mine sucks
Every help is usefull
Thanks ver y much
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:18:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I looked around a bit and didn't see anything. What is wrong with it? Can you use something else? Selecting a different company's solution may be easier / cheaper, but would obviously install into the case differently.
jakabszili13
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:30:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well the problem is I can't see anything on it... I tried moving tha glass but nothing... It would be good to find a new one somewhere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: