Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Canon Powershot A70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:17:05    Post Subject: Canon Powershot A70 Reply with quote View Single Post

I have the Canon Powershot A70, and up until about 3 weeks ago, i have really like this camera and suggested it to several people.

I have taken photos in all types of conditions, and i am very impressed with the quality of the camera. The menus on the camera are very easy to use, and in just a short time i had all the options down. One thing i liked about this camera is the ability to play with the shutter so you can start to experiment with the camera, like a regular film camera.

This is where the fun starts, i had to send the camera back after about a 2 months of use. The switch on the back of the camera failed to allow me to review the photos. So i sent it back to canon for the repair. In about 14 days I got the camera back. I opened the box and found that the camera had been fixed with the problem I sent it out for. But now the camera has a new problem. It seems that it was not fully put back together. The top plate of the camera no sits high on the body of the camera, and you can see it was not correct. So once again i have to send it back. Both times with no fault of my own. In both times, the support staff has been very good, and willing to work with us, in getting this solved quickly. But this is not just not good for them, and not rethinking the research i did to find buy this camera.

Has anyone else had this problem with canon? The second question i guess is, what camera would you suggest?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:46:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

FrankieB,
Every thing I read about the Cannon A70 was good. I recently bought a Nikon coolpix 3100 only because every place in town was sold out of the A70 and wouldn't have them in agian for several weeks ( an impulse thing ) anyway, I like my camera, but still think the A70 would have been better. My Nikon really doesn't let you tweak any settings, it's strictly point and shoot.

To make a long story short,
I wouldn't choose the Nikon CoolPix 3100 over the Canon A70.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 04:46:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Frankie, You have one of the bestest cameras ever made!!!! Let Canon make it good for you!!! It seems like you may have gotten a one in a million that wasn't perfect!!! Don't give up on the A line cameras, My A40 has been flawless!!!!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:54:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

While I have, and love, a Nikon 995 (you can teak everything on this camera.... I just point and shoot Wink ), I have seen photo's from those cannon's and heard nothing but good things about them.

When I bought my Nikon it was between it and the Cannon. What made me decided finally on the Nikon was... Misty had a Gateway credit card, and they we're offering free shipping, no interest, we didn't have to pay sales tax on it (all that saves us a lot of money), and they didn't have the Cannon... Grin
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:20:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Okay so maybe i have had just a little bad luck with this. I know that before i purchased this camera i did a lot of reading, and was very happy with my purchase. Other than these 2 little problems, i have been very happy with the camera. Let me give them a ring on monday, and see what happens. Thanks.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:13:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just recommended this camera to a buddy based on Spire and Acruxksa's recommendations... I'm actually looking at one for me too, now that I see they aren't as much as I thought!!
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:56:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm saving for the Nikon CoolPix 5700
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:58:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think woody has an A70 too. Might want to ask him how his has been.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:12:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Trek, the 5700 is nice, but I think they're coming out with a new model soon. Either wait for that one to come out and get it, or get the reduced price 5700 Grin

A letter to a soldier
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:16:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You got an inside scoop??

Where'd you hear that??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: