Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PDA/Handheld recommendations?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:01:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got one of these off of Anandtech...

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/c-cf-wifi.asp

Pretty sweet! Web browsing is pretty lame, but having the Agile Messenger to go is cool... Now to setup e-mail, and my SSH app... Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:48:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehehe. Yea it's more useful for e-mail, IM, etc... then surfing.

They have a WiFI-CF that has 256MB storage too... now that would be real cool Grin Extra p0rn storage... Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:49:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yeah... I looked at them... but this thing was $30 shipped, and I couldn't say no! Plus, I have a 512MB SD card in there... and I'm keeping my eye out for bigger.
Digital Eclipse
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 08 May 2005 18:11:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a Dell Axim X3 w/ wifi and i love it. But I have picked up some iPaqs and seen a pre packaged tv remote program. I cant seem to find one for free, anyone know where i can get one? other than not being able to change tv channels with my dell i like it and use it for just about everything
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 May 2005 23:25:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The X5 works great at home, but the office is a scary story!

I brought it in, and it saw two access points... both were secured, so I got the IT guy to come over and he fought with it for a while. It turns out our corporate WiFi is only 64-bit WEP... which seems weak in general, even more so since the APs they have can do higher WEP and WPA.

But, the sad thing is that the WiFi adaptor I have only does 128 and 40-bit WEP... So I can not connect.

I tried to talk the guy into upping the system to 128-bit WEP, but I get the sense he didn't want to go around to the handful of laptops and what not to make the change... Bang Head

So... here is the plan... I have an extra USB 802.11g adaptor sitting here... I am going to try to install it on my desktop at work to make my own 128-bit WEP AP... Even if it works, I wonder how long it will take for the hammer to drop on me! Laughing - And even more importantly... will the signal reach all the way to the conference room to save me from the tedious meetings I want to have this for? Grin
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 08 May 2005 23:44:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You can probably set up a peer-to-peer network, but then you'll have to set your desktop up for ICS (or other proxy/routing software).

Also... it will show up on people's lists, and if your IT guys are worth anything... they have you nailed with in a week.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:06:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BB... Check out woot today

http://www.woot.com/

SanDisk 128MB & 802.11b WiFi CompactFlash Card $19.99 + $5.00 S&H
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:22:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

grrr... i have that minus the flash memory... meh, oh well.

on it right now.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:27:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

grrr... i have that minus the flash memory... meh, oh well.

on it right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: