Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: PDA/Handheld recommendations? 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun, 08 May 2005 23:25:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote

The X5 works great at home, but the office is a scary story!

I brought it in, and it saw two access points... both were secured, so I got the IT guy to come over and he fought with it for a while. It turns out our corporate WiFi is only 64-bit WEP... which seems weak in general, even more so since the APs they have can do higher WEP and WPA.

But, the sad thing is that the WiFi adaptor I have only does 128 and 40-bit WEP... So I can not connect.

I tried to talk the guy into upping the system to 128-bit WEP, but I get the sense he didn't want to go around to the handful of laptops and what not to make the change... Bang Head

So... here is the plan... I have an extra USB 802.11g adaptor sitting here... I am going to try to install it on my desktop at work to make my own 128-bit WEP AP... Even if it works, I wonder how long it will take for the hammer to drop on me! Laughing - And even more importantly... will the signal reach all the way to the conference room to save me from the tedious meetings I want to have this for? Grin

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved