Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Online/Multi-Player Games
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wawabi
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:10:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

so far im playing Gates To heaven(free), Maplestory (Free but signup are disabled), Gunbound
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:33:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I play EQ1 regularly.

I tried EQ2 in beta but the system specs required to play that game at any decent framerate were above what I have. It was great and all, but the 3fps I was getting sucked.

I've looked at WoW and I wasn't impressed, same for City of Heroes. The graphics on both were very nice and the use of cell shading looked good but the mechanics left something to be desired and the player interaction was about the same as EQ2 beta. You can literally go for hours and never talk to a soul. Much too quiet.

I hear that the Matrix Online went live today. There was blurb in the news on yahoo but I've no interest. I'd like to see what it looks like, but I barely have time to play EQ.

Other games? Americas Army used to be cool til all the AA official servers went away now it's too hard to get honor. I still play some single player games like Halo (Heroic difficulty rawks j00), Lords ofthe Realm 3 (OMG that thing can be so hard some times), Heritage demo (Is it me or is that game an upgrade to Age of Empires?), Solitaire (On my iPaq, it's hours of fun).

So, yeah. I like cheese.
Enforcer
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:09:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doom 3
UT2004
Rise of Nations
Halo
C&C Generals
Soul Caliber II

All I play single player, I cannot stand the "leet" air that surrounds just about all multi player games online right now, If it isn't some leet little bastard who won't play on a map that he hasn't memorized all the camping spots, its some little wannabe script kiddie who downloaded a couple hacks and just wants to mess with people's emotions. Soul Caliber II I'll play, cause thats up front and in person, and I happen to have the ideal situation with a couple friends who are at my level of play so it is competitive.

Funny thing is, when I did play online, I was always close to the top of the pack....never the best, but above average.

MMORPG's I will not touch because I don't care for the subscription based pricing model, and I will never touch HL2 since it requires me to talk to Valve's servers when I want to play, regardless of game mode. (Yes, even in "offline" mode the game will want to dial in every once in a while.)

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:53:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Incidentally, I think the SOE comps your account if you volunteer to be a guide. Not sure if they still do but they used to.
TickTock
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:35:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The price of playing a MMORPG is ridiculous. Most of the companies that make MMORPG are jerks and scum bags who try to rip off kids in order to get rich.

I don't mind paying $5 / month for a MMORPG, but when they start charging $15 / month to play a MMORPG then I truly believe my above statement is right and they are jerks and scum bags for charging that much.

Also I'm a college student and I have a hard time getting cash, since every single dime I get goes towards my education.
wiff
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:02:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I play Rise of Nations and Command and Conquer: Generals in multiplayer.
stratus
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:50:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I mainly play Counterstrike Source and Call of Duty United Offensive online. I'm also part of a TWL team, but I'm just a recruit. =)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

digweed13
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:55:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have been trying many open betas for the last little while.

Pristontale
Risk Your Life - MY
Risk Your Life - NA
Risk Your Life - Path of the Emporer
A3
Gate to Heavens

Current game i'm playing:

Gunbound

I try to get into as many open betas as i can, basically because they are free. Student life is good but money is too tight to be used to pay to play for any game right now.

Digweed
Kantri
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 09 May 2005 14:19:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I currently play world of Warcraft, and it is a great game!

To the poster talking about MMO companies ripping off poor teenagers, maybe you don't understand how cheap $15 a month is for the amount of entertainment you get?

Don't supersize your valuemeal, or skip a movie and you just bought endless hours of enjoyment with your friends online every month.
Lilterra
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 09 May 2005 17:57:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am currently playing World of Warcraft:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: