Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
R.I.P.
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:37:47    Post Subject: R.I.P. Reply with quote View Single Post

My beloved 8RDA+ gave up the ghost last night. I was away from the computer and when I came back to it the monitor had gone to sleep like normal. I could not get it to wake back up though. Tried to reboot and all I would get were the fans and some HDD activity then nothing. No audio (onboard sound) no video nothing, did not even light up the keyboard. So doing what any good Dad would do I swiped the mobo out of my kids computer until I can get a suitable replacement for mine Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:50:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Such a sad day....

For your kids!
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:51:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's suprising, 8RDA+'s are the bullet proof MB.

I bought one from a guy stationed in Japan and the wife uses and abuses it routinely!!!

May I suggest a DFI Infinity if you don't plan on upgrading?

Cheap, well built, OC's like mad, Mine and the other 4 I have built have been solid.

Unless of course you can ebay another 8RDA even cheaper.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:13:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DOH!! Hate it when that happens. Sounds like it's time to sell the kids, and get an A64!
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:23:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd just buy a new motherboard. To expensive to upgraded to A64 right now, especially with PCI-Express just starting on the A64 boards. I'm upgrading my mobo to a DFI after new years with a new chip. Cheap upgrade... When PCI-Express is more common and DDR2 comes out for A64 then I'll upgrade. Until then I just don't see a reason to.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:43:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have read many stories of 8RDA's going out suddenly like that. Cant afford to do an A64 right now so I am thinking either the DFI Infinity or the ASUS A7N8X-E Looking at comments on Newegg the ASUS seems to fair a bit better but I am not sure yet and it looks like with Xmas and all it will be next month at the soonest so I have some time to figure it out.
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:38:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Before my ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe was stolen (while on vacation)...that sumbitch would OC by just looking hard at it! Easily THE BEST BOARD I'VE EVER HAD!!

I now am building an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe........waiting on a few parts, I'll be ordering a Koolance EXOS AL tomorrow the keep the 2500 Barton (another week 30 core) cool. This one also looks to OC like mad.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:37:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can't afford a A64? Think of all the extra $$$ you'll have by just selling ONE of the boys! Grin

Besides... you need to be able to view the p0rn at high speeds! Grin
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:45:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah make me an offer....do it quick you will get a good price as they just broke a lamp playing WWF in the living room. Youngest one say "but dad it still turns on " as I am picking the shattered pieces out of the carpet.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:20:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I believe it's WWE now Razz

And there's nothing like watching a pr0n vid at 14x speed.

A letter to a soldier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: