Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
LCD Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:48:45    Post Subject: LCD Monitors Reply with quote View Single Post

So... I'm looking at LCD's (might get one now, might wait a few months). And I have been looking and seeing all kinds of different info. So I'm hoping to correlate some info, and hoping you guys can help.

Response time is pretty obvious, the faster the better. 25ms seems it might have some ghosting on some fast paced games, so it seems that >20ms is great. Any opinions thoughts?

Contrast.... Well I understand higher is better, but what is good enough? What is acceptable for 99% of us? 300:1? 400:1? 800:1??

Brightness, the brighter the better right? But again, what is good enough? 300nit, 400nit, higher??

Any links, or good info is helpful. Basically I'm looking for a good 19" LCD with a DVI connection, for as cheap as possible Grin.

Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:52:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Funny... I am writing an article right now about this, and was going to ask you to read it over. Laughing
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:57:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Sweet.. I've been doing a ton of research, so I understand a lot of the basics on it... but right now I don't have any good 1st hand knowlage of what really works.

My leading caniadate right now for the best price-preformance ratio is a the Sceptre X9G-NAGA II
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:03:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

12ms is definitely fast, 500:1 is a great contrast ratio, and 400 nits may be good, but isn't the best. That said, my Viewsonic VA720 is only rated at 250 nits and brightness is definitely not a problem!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:44:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool... it's things like that is what I'm looking for. I know what the technical side says, but it's what the real world says that I'm looking for.

And it's impossible to compare in a store, just due to the ultra bright lighting, different systems (therefore video cards) hooked up to them, etc..
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:01:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what about the samsungs??

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:10:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The price-performance of the samsungs isn't there. I can pick up that monitor from Costco for $400. Can't get a Samsung with those spec's for under $500 (I think it's closer to $600).

Plus buying it at Costco means I don't have to worry about those stupid 8 dead pixel rules. Costco will replace/refund my money no questions asked.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:15:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sweet... Maybe I need to look in Costco more often!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: