Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Vendor Rant...
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:17:29    Post Subject: Vendor Rant... Reply with quote View Single Post

You know who sucks? Computer Surplus Outlet!!

So, I ordered some 72 Pin SIMMS from them in early June for use in a P-133 being used at my girlfriend’s office. A week goes by and the online status still just says “accepted” and doesn’t indicate that it shipped. So, I send an e-mail, and get an automated response, and nothing else. Another week goes by and the same status is shown on their site, so this time I call. The person says something like “Hmm, don’t know why it didn’t ship, its packed, so we’ll ship it now”. So, it goes UPS ground (they could have at least thrown me a free shipping upgrade for the hassle), but anyway…

The memory arrives a week later, and I’m instantly pissed when I open the box… If you don’t remember the 72 pin SIMMS days, you need a matched pair for them to work. Physically, the two sticks are nothing alike, different heights, different chip layouts, different markings. I try them in the system anyway, and of course they don’t work… It only IDs ½ of the 128MB (2x64) on boot up. So, I get an RMA # from them and send them back telling them to just give me a refund.

The sticks were back to them by July 7, and their website indicates that they were received and checked in, but no info on the RMA yet. I wait two weeks, still no update, so I send an e-mail which goes unanswered. I wait two more weeks and call them this time and the person says “Hmm, I don’t know why this wasn’t processed, I’ll do it now”. (Is anyone noticing a pattern yet?)

So, a few days later I get an e-mail that I now have a store credit with them for an amount that is less than what I paid. I called back and asked why a store credit and why not the full amount? They say they don’t give refunds on items that test o.k., and a fee was charged for the same reason. Test o.k.? Impossible! But whatever, I just want this over with so on August 18th I ordered an IDE DVD-ROM drive just to use up my balance and be done with these clowns. Well, it’s the 26th now, it has been 8 days, and guess what… The item is still listed as “accepted”, and apparently hasn’t shipped!! Now to get on the phone and continue the cycle...

Mad

Avoid CSO at all costs!!

If you have a rant about a vendor share it here... This isn't an open invitation to flame without cause, but if you have a legit story to share, please do so!!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:52:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HAHAHAHA! Thanks for the warning!! Grin

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1782.html
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:12:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW!! That rating is aweful... It must have crashed and burned recently, because I ordered from them last fall and it was WAY higher... I guess you need to check Reseller Rating whenever you order, not just once!!

I used to have their banner ads up here and at IANAG through cj.com, but not any more... Mad
bigapl
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:34:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i only use like 3 places to buy online now
monarch
googlegear
and directron
just because i,ve never had a screwup with them
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:54:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Directron doesn't make my list any more, but thats a different issue... I try to use a few places I trust, but for hunting down 72 pin SIMMS I had to be a bit less selective!!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:49:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just chimed in over at reseller ratings, and my one review today managed to drag their 6 month average from the mid 3. range down to 2.76!! Sweet!!

A 2.76!! Censored that is aweful!!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:53:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehe Sweet! Grin

I mostly stick with NewEgg.com... But I will buy from Computergeeks, and CompuPlus. Monarch seems to have a good rep too, but never bought from them. And I have heard some mixed results from GoogleGear.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:21:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Every vendor has an occasional troubled order, it's how well they correct the problem that counts.
As CSO didn't ship you a usable pair of Simms which is what you ordered you are entitled to a full refund.
Always pay by credit card, and be prepared to call them in/request a charge-back againist a poor vendor. when it starts costing them money, they'll either fix it , or go out of business.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:34:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So... I finally get a chance to follow up on last weeks order today... And guess what, it magically ships hours later!! you shouldn't have to call every time you order, just to get something to ship!!

I tried posting a negative at reseller rating on this one too, but it won't post it!! Mad
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 09:20:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Everyone should avoid http://www.bzboyz.com too.

I ordered a barebones system from them near the fisrt of August. ...it will finally be delivered on the 10th of September. 5-6 freaking weeks?

They dont reply to email, and they occasionally answer the phone..

avoid Bzboyz.com like Clinton did the draft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: