Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Vendor Rant... 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:17:29    Post Subject: Vendor Rant... Reply with quote

You know who sucks? Computer Surplus Outlet!!

So, I ordered some 72 Pin SIMMS from them in early June for use in a P-133 being used at my girlfriend’s office. A week goes by and the online status still just says “accepted” and doesn’t indicate that it shipped. So, I send an e-mail, and get an automated response, and nothing else. Another week goes by and the same status is shown on their site, so this time I call. The person says something like “Hmm, don’t know why it didn’t ship, its packed, so we’ll ship it now”. So, it goes UPS ground (they could have at least thrown me a free shipping upgrade for the hassle), but anyway…

The memory arrives a week later, and I’m instantly pissed when I open the box… If you don’t remember the 72 pin SIMMS days, you need a matched pair for them to work. Physically, the two sticks are nothing alike, different heights, different chip layouts, different markings. I try them in the system anyway, and of course they don’t work… It only IDs ½ of the 128MB (2x64) on boot up. So, I get an RMA # from them and send them back telling them to just give me a refund.

The sticks were back to them by July 7, and their website indicates that they were received and checked in, but no info on the RMA yet. I wait two weeks, still no update, so I send an e-mail which goes unanswered. I wait two more weeks and call them this time and the person says “Hmm, I don’t know why this wasn’t processed, I’ll do it now”. (Is anyone noticing a pattern yet?)

So, a few days later I get an e-mail that I now have a store credit with them for an amount that is less than what I paid. I called back and asked why a store credit and why not the full amount? They say they don’t give refunds on items that test o.k., and a fee was charged for the same reason. Test o.k.? Impossible! But whatever, I just want this over with so on August 18th I ordered an IDE DVD-ROM drive just to use up my balance and be done with these clowns. Well, it’s the 26th now, it has been 8 days, and guess what… The item is still listed as “accepted”, and apparently hasn’t shipped!! Now to get on the phone and continue the cycle...

Mad

Avoid CSO at all costs!!

If you have a rant about a vendor share it here... This isn't an open invitation to flame without cause, but if you have a legit story to share, please do so!!

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved