Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
KHypermedia 8x4x8 DVD+RW IDE Drive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:15:12    Post Subject: KHypermedia 8x4x8 DVD+RW IDE Drive Reply with quote View Single Post

The KHypermedia 8X DVD+RW burner pleasantly surprised me. It performed exceptionally with everything I threw at it. So far I have backed up the majority of my data and not one coaster. What more can you ask from a very inexpensive DVD Burner? Computer Geeks sells this drive for an incredible $48.90. For less than $50.00 you get yourself a +RW burner capable of burning at 8X speeds. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:14:54; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:22:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The review was getting renewed life today... Turns out OfficeMax had it for $-10 AR, and places liek Slick Deals and Fat Wallet were linking in... Sun
brad
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:06:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That was a great review of the Khypermedia KDVRW8X. The DVD abilities are great! My Problem is that it doesn't recognize CD's of any type when inserted. I only have one bay in my tower, so I need the drive to work for CDs and DVDs. If you or any body has an idea what I could do, I would appreciate it.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 05:10:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Best thing would be contact Khypermedia tech support about a replacement, these cheap drive usually work great, but there always a few lemons.
Khypermedia does a good job of supporting there products (they might even send a newer better model)
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:13:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Or, if it is new enough, it may be even easier to go back through the store wher eyou bought it.

I have seen some not recognize burned cds of different formats, but from what you say, I am guessing it dooesn't read original cds... right? Thats no good...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Grin
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:31:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Checked again just for good measure...

The review sample plays anything I throw at it...

I would get a replacement, I believe that DVD and CD use different lasers and your CD laser is toast ( don't quote me on that)~!!!

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the review...

Spire
brad
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:05:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Guys.

I appreciate your help! I contacted Tech support. They verified that I had everything set up right then suggested I exchange it at the store I bought it from. While I had them on the line I asked about how many lasers the recorder has. It has two lasers. If it was a multi layer it would have three. The new DVD recorder works great. My Docs backed up on one DVD - Life is Great!

Thanks Again! Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:19:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Brad,

Thanks for letting us know how it all went!!!

I always get nervous that we get a review wrong when we hear about products that don't match our review.

Every product made has a few bad apples in a bunch of millions.

I hope your return and replacement experience went good!!!
shadomaster
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:31:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a Khypermedia DVD + ReWritable Drive, and it will only read CDroms. When i put in a DVD it doesnt register as anything being in there. For how long do you think that Khypermedia or the store it was bought from will replace it because it is not that new. Please help.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: