Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cooler Master X Craft 250 and 350 Hard Drive Enclosures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:44:07    Post Subject: Cooler Master X Craft 250 and 350 Hard Drive Enclosures Reply with quote View Single Post

The X Craft 250 and 350 hard drive enclosures are very stylish portable storage devices. High gloss finishes will have anyone that has not seen one before asking what this cool looking device is. Both drive enclosures offer a reasonably fast USB 2.0 interface, while the 350 adds a USB Hub and an eSATA connection. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

xenothrix
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:37:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i have just bought a unit of the exact same X craft 250 black colour.
n i found that the Press&Go feature really works. However, the auto-run setup wouldn't install the additional component needed to listen for the "Press" to start the "Go" part.
Look for an "Application" folder inside the driver CD provided by CoolerMaster and then look for "GPIO". Run the setup and reboot. Press&Go would work after that, provided you have ran the backup program initially to configure what to backup.

Hope it helps, as I was also almost on the way to send the casing back for RMA. But just to found out about this.

Frankly, I am terribly disappointed with CoolerMaster's product. This will be the first and last CM product that I will ever buy. I had a few others 2.5" external casing from hotway (Smart Drive), which has a better price to quality ratio. Performance wise, X-Craft is about 3mb/s behind hotway smart drive. however, in the hotway i have a hitachi 5k100 80gb while in CM i hv seagate momentus 5400.3. theoretically, 5400.3 is supposed to give better result. hotway is retailing at about US$10 at my place and CM is about US$20. The only thing that is better between the 2 is that, hotway's aluminium heat dissipation is still behind CM, with CM's surface feels ice cool when in air-conditioned room while the hotway feels "just nice".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: