Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
OK PMG or Any Firefox Pros
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:10:30    Post Subject: OK PMG or Any Firefox Pros Reply with quote View Single Post

I have convinced myself I am sticking with Firefox and have made it my default browser. However there are still two things that are bugging me and maybe you can help or maybe it is just he way it is

1) I used to use go Start / Favorites / Website Shortcut to open IE and start my surfing. When I do that now it gives me an error message saying Windows can not find www.xxxxxxx.com. In the background Firefox opens the site but it is annoying clicking to close the error message box every time. Any ideas how to fix that?

2) In my task bar I have an Address Bar. When I dont have my browser open and want to go to a website not in my Favorites list I type the URL there. Firefox opens to that website just fine. In fact it does it too good and opens it twice in two different Windows. Any idea how to make it only open once?

Thanks for any help or advice.

EDIT: This is kinda weird pertaining to the 2sd problem. If I type bigbruin and use the ctrl and enter key to add the www and .com it works ok but opens two windows as mentioned above. If I type www.bigbruin.com and then hit enter it opens two windows and give me the error message from problem 1 also
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:08:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I get that too... (the first one)

I leave some daily links on my desktop and when I click those, I get the same "winblows cannot find blah blah blah".

Question for you Dad, did you have or do you have crazy borwser installed?

I have put firefox on two different new installations and they do not have that problem, but I had Crazy Browzer installed (its uninstalled now), thats the only difference I can figure.
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:41:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/firefox_bug_246078.asp

There are some fixes in there, let me know it they work.

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:00:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah I have Crazy Browser installed. Did removing it fix the problem for you Spire?

Thanks for the link PMG going to check it out right now

EDIT: You Da Man PMG the file on that linked fixed both bugs . Thanks a bunch
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:13:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Um... no it didnt fix it, and by the looks of it, the PMG is da man!!!!

Yes, Yes he is DA MAN...

Nice... Mr. T
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:25:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dadx2mj wrote:
EDIT: You Da Man PMG the file on that linked fixed both bugs . Thanks a bunch

Heh, I had to seek help on that one...http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=700180#700180

Their FAQ is most excellent. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=106431

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:25:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
Um... no it didnt fix it, and by the looks of it, the PMG is da man!!!!

Yes, Yes he is DA MAN...

Nice... Mr. T

Damn Spire now you have me all confused. Did it or Did it not fix the problem for you? Grin. It worked great for me fixing both the bugs I listed in one shot.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:28:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You have to read my post in a chronological order sorta...

Your first question: Did uninstalling CB fix it? NO

Then: The PMG is Da Man because his link to the .reg fix did the trick for me too!!!

Hey, I can confuse the best of them!!!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:51:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL OK I get ya now Spire. I was so happy that the bugs were gone I forgot that I asked if uninstalling Crazy Browser fixed it for you.

Thanks again PMG!!!!
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:21:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

They just (like in the past few hours) release a security updated version, 0.9.3.

And check this out: http://www.mozilla.org/press/mozilla-2004-08-02.html

Cold hard cash from the Mozilla foundation to find security bugs. I would say they are serious about it not ending up like IE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: