Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
6th Birthday Party - Win A 2048MB 4850X2
First in a Series of Upcoming Give Aways
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnin8r
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 06 May 2009 19:38:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

you can always give them my address.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 May 2009 21:33:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Or mine Grin
zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 07 May 2009 02:31:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

(TSC)Bender wrote:
They basically tried to deliver yesterday and I wasn't home, got a delivery exception stating that. Called in and asked them to reschedule delivery for Friday. Saw it was "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" today and figured I would call them to keep the package at the warehouse for pickup tomorrow if they tried to deliver it today. Got another delivery exception a half hour later saying "Future delivery requested" thankfully.

Don't wanna call in again and tell em to hold it at the warehouse since their system seems rather finicky compared to USPS/UPS. Should be home tonight anyway (yay no classes Thursday/Friday), so I should get it in theory. My confidence in FedEx is not very high from some of the experiences some of my friends had with em.
Don't worry. I'm positively sure you'll get it soon enough. I personally had very good experience with FedEx in the past...
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
OCZ Gold PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz 2x2048MB @5-5-5-15-2T
Zotac GTX275 @713/1512/1260
2x250GB WD H.D in RAID 0
Mushkin 650W PSU
Viewsonic 22" VX2235WM LCD
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 07 May 2009 06:49:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I generally use FedEx since they have been the most reliable, and they are usually cheaper/quicker than Priority Mail. But, I guess it's better that you asked for signature confirmation to be included and you have to wait, then for it to have been left out in the rain or for someone to walk off with...
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 07 May 2009 08:08:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't mind waiting, been bogged down with school recently. Cleared some free time this weekend though Wink

From the few times i've used Fedex, basic shipping and package delivery are good, but never had to deal with rescheduling delivery with them. I like UPS' system for that much better, changes show up much quicker and with more information.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 07 May 2009 21:02:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How does winning and waiting feel, Bender? I can barely imagine how if I were the one who got lucky with that awesome card! Grin
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 07 May 2009 21:12:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The anticipation spices up otherwise ordinary days. Holding off on the Fallout 3 DLC's till tomorrow so I can run it at high res Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 01:47:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This reminds me that I gotta order my copy of Fallout 3. Just finished playing FC2 Smile
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 09:26:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My friend summed up the game the best: Fallout 3: Oblivion. Despite the sometimes awkward dialogue, highly enjoyed playing both games.
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 16:33:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Got the card today. Sit tight, it's crappy camera picture time!

First thing I noticed is the cards size. This is definitely the largest video card out there. Even my old Voodoo 5 is smaller. Grabbed my two previous cards that were nearby and put em together (8800GT in middle and 6800 Ultra on bottom).

I better hunt for a bigger mid tower case, I doubt the smaller ones will fit it adequately with the recent drive cage trend that reaches all the way to the bottom of the case. Luckily, my tower is an old one and the drive cages come short of the card. Instead, I had to ninja my way through a cable forest. My PSU is not modular and I got fans with short connectors everywhere so it wasn't pretty. Disconnected my backup hard drive and did a lot of repositioning.

I literally have molex connectors underneath the card that should be supporting some of the weight, but it still looks like its leaning from the length and weight. Here she is with the side on. The side won't be on much because this thing gets HOT.

I also got a spiffy looking Sapphire jacket. Figured my computer would be cold from being all opened up so I put it on for warmth Wink

And by request, here's a blurry bathroom mirror camera shot of me rocking it out in the jacket.

Now i'm off to test it. Tried to load up some Crysis Warhead benches but they all froze during loading Sad Will also be posting up some pics once I get a new case. Hopefully I can hide the wires a lot better than what I got now. Thanks again BB!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: