Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: 6th Birthday Party - Win A 2048MB 4850X2 
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 16:33:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Got the card today. Sit tight, it's crappy camera picture time!

First thing I noticed is the cards size. This is definitely the largest video card out there. Even my old Voodoo 5 is smaller. Grabbed my two previous cards that were nearby and put em together (8800GT in middle and 6800 Ultra on bottom).

I better hunt for a bigger mid tower case, I doubt the smaller ones will fit it adequately with the recent drive cage trend that reaches all the way to the bottom of the case. Luckily, my tower is an old one and the drive cages come short of the card. Instead, I had to ninja my way through a cable forest. My PSU is not modular and I got fans with short connectors everywhere so it wasn't pretty. Disconnected my backup hard drive and did a lot of repositioning.

I literally have molex connectors underneath the card that should be supporting some of the weight, but it still looks like its leaning from the length and weight. Here she is with the side on. The side won't be on much because this thing gets HOT.

I also got a spiffy looking Sapphire jacket. Figured my computer would be cold from being all opened up so I put it on for warmth Wink

And by request, here's a blurry bathroom mirror camera shot of me rocking it out in the jacket.

Now i'm off to test it. Tried to load up some Crysis Warhead benches but they all froze during loading Sad Will also be posting up some pics once I get a new case. Hopefully I can hide the wires a lot better than what I got now. Thanks again BB!

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved