Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New Toy Part II
An Armed Society is a Polite Society......
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:17:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

now he can run down an entire Farmer's Market and kill the survivors
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:24:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:

Dead people don't sue.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:03:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
mrweasel wrote:

Dead people don't sue.

Amen... Preach on Brotha Cheeze.. Mr. T

--------------------------

Charlie,

You might find better deals online than at the shows. The last couple shows I went to were way over priced. There were way too many "weekend country boys**" there trying to score a good deal - and the dealers knew it and raised prices.

The last good show I went to was at the FL St. Fairgrounds off of I-4. I picked up a AK47 and about 5000rnds of ammo, plus (20) additional 30rnd mags. I think I spent under $600 for everything, but that was back in '91 or '92. I sold the hole kit & kaboodle with the last 1000rnds of ammo 2-3 years ago for $650.

**Definitions:
"weekend country boys": Well-to-do city slicker folks with upstate cabins that they bring their firearms to that their wives forbidden them to have. Generally know nothing of firearms other than they go bang. Generally is married to anti-gun soccermom. Can be seen commuting in BMW's, Mercedes, SUV's that have never seen dirt - or in mini-van toting kids around when the soccermom is at dildo party.
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:45:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the advice, Bobby...

I also could use some advice on a scope; everything I look at is either somewhat cheap or horribly expensive; I just need to be able to see the target downrange. Any brand that strikes your fancy?

EvilCheeze: Do you remember what scope(s) (if any) were fitted to your service weapon?

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:54:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What kind of range are we talking? 50, 100, 200yard or longer ranges? Would this scope be for hunting, target only, home(land) defense, all the above?

Price range you want to be in? <$125 generally piss-poor scopes.

A good set of rings is required no matter if you get a cheap or mega dollar scope.
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:40:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Range would be from 50 meters to 400 meters (So they can run but not too far), Mostly target practice/Home defense. $200 price range but can go a bit higher depending quality. Picatinny rail-mount....
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:50:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DeathStar wrote:

I also could use some advice on a scope; everything I look at is either somewhat cheap or horribly expensive; I just need to be able to see the target downrange. Any brand that strikes your fancy?

EvilCheeze: Do you remember what scope(s) (if any) were fitted to your service weapon?

Yea... Iron Sites. Grin

And come on... I could hit a man sized target AT LEAST 9 out of 10 times with iron sites in a pron position from 500 yards (or 457 meters).

Man up, use what came with the weapon Mr. T Wave
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:54:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
DeathStar wrote:

Yea... Iron Sites. Grin

And come on... I could hit a man sized target AT LEAST 9 out of 10 times with iron sites in a pron position from 500 yards (or 457 meters).

Man up, use what came with the weapon Mr. T Wave

I can't SEE the iron sights because of my vision; if I use the bottom part of my bifocals, the target is blurry and if I use the distance part, the sights are blurry. However, with a cheezy Powerline scope, I can see the target clearly.... Bang Head

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:23:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol I'll see what I can find tonite once I get to the motel room.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:27:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Crap.. forgot to look lastnite.

I do know that "Aimpoint" brand is used alot for tactical AR type scopes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: