Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
infra red remote
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidchan100
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:56:33    Post Subject: infra red remote Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a infra red usb adaptor, and i would like to contorl my computer by a infra red remote control, could someone suggest a software i can use, i have tried windows media center by downloading a file change XP to MCE, but i don't know how to use it and it doesn't seem to be work.thank you for hlep
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:29:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome davidchan100!

What kind of adaptor? And what kind of remote?

We're about to do a review on a pc remote control, but that requires the hardware and software.

I'd be interested to know what you have, before suggesting what you might be able to do...

Grin
davidchan100
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:56:30    Post Subject: Thnaks for reply Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a BAFO USB infra read adaptor, and i would like to remote my PC like a Hi-Fi, using a universial remote controller, thanks for answering.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:59:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Universal remotes must have a code set programed in (either from the factory or through a "learning" feature) that match the code set of the receiving device. the Mfg of the USB receiver is probably the best source of info for compliant remotes/software.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:15:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

assuming this is your product
http://www.bafo.com/bafo/productslists.asp?foproduct_id=1164
there seems little info/support for it on their site
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:57:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I believe IRDA (for communications) is not even remotely compatible with Infrared controlling devices. The device you have is meant for data streams for printers, cell phones and other devices. If you want to control your computer, you will have to get a remote receiver and/or controller.

I have some preliminary information on one device. The Imon from Ahanix. This device is USB and comes with a remote, however it can be programmed to use any IR remote without any troubles.

http://www.ahanix.com/imon/index.html

Watch for the review coming soon right here at Big Bruin!!!
davidchan100
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:54:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

very thanks for kindy reply for everybody
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: