Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
MSI 7093 CPU and Memory advice
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garnold
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:26:32    Post Subject: MSI 7093 CPU and Memory advice Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey folks I'm the proud owner of a MSI-7093 and would like to boost things up a little with it. Can anyone help me find the fastest CPU for this mobo. I also want to get it to 4gig of ram so memory advice would also be nice too. Lastly I would think a good CPU fan would come in handy too Wink Thank you
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:55:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually... that's the board I have in one of my systems.

If you run the latest BIOS (v3.Cool you can run the AMD X2 CPU's. So the X2 4800+ is the fastest CPU you can put in there... at a low low price of only about $630.00.

For RAM... just get some good quality DDR400 (Like Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, Kingston, etc..) with good timings as that board is a lousy OCer, so it won't do you any good to buy OCing RAM.
garnold
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:01:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the info, now you wouldn't have a coupon for the CPU hanging around HAHAHAH. It is quite pricy but are you running that chip and is it worth it? Right now I only have 1gig of ram so I know that getting it up to 4 will help alot.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:04:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Depending on what you do (assume gaming), I'd get it up to 2gb (1gb x 2), then expand to 4gb later. Currently, I've been seeing the sweet spot is 2gb for games. Saw a HUGE difference between 1gb and 2gb for EQ2 (my game of choice currently), and very little 2gb to 4gb.

Also, depending on your budget, I'd get the X2 4400 at a min, making sure the model has 2mb cache (1mb on each core). Should be MUCH cheaper than the 4800.....
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:13:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, I'm only using the 3000+ in the board. It was bought as a budget system when I bought it, so I wasn't going for high end. I *MIGHT* upgrade the CPU to an X2, not sure though.

Also, I'm only running 1.5GB in the system right now. There was a slight improvement going from 1GB to 1.5GB.
garnold
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:16:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I already have an "OK" chip in there now so I think I would rather wait for the big guy then buy another one. I will however only but 1 more stick of ram in the box then and save the money for the chip. Thank you all!
garnold
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:34:42    Post Subject: Memory Reply with quote View Single Post

Right now I have 1 stick of DDR400 in the machine. I would guess that if I just get any stick the is DDR400 I would be ok right?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:40:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi TFB... Do you know what brand and timings? And more importantly... What size?

You could just jam another in there, but matching them by speed, timings, and size would give the best results.
garnold
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:28:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, forgot to add that it's a 1gig stick. As for timing I thought that was the 400 part?
garnold
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:23:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok how about another option. I have 2 sticks of Geil 512mb PC3500 Dual Channel memory. The chips say DDR CL=2-6-3-3 Ultra Dual Channel. If this memory is good would it be wise to get 2 more of the same for my 2gigs total? I'm just not sure if this memory is better the the other stick I have in there now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: