Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Touch Screen
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:30:38    Post Subject: Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Touch Screen Reply with quote View Single Post

As the prices of mini systems become easier to afford, more and more systems are finding their way into less than typical installations, such as in the family car. Using a computer in a car obviously requires special display and input considerations not needed in the home, and the Lilliput 7" display featured in this review addresses both. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:32:27; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

DeltaFX
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:40:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just to share experience members of http://www.carmedia.org/forum.php have about the lilli(put) 7" TFT. This screen is great.

The only cons about this screen is connectivity that become loose after several plug-unplug-replug cycles. The lilli is perfect for an integration, but if one plans using it in the car for mp3-Nav operation, and home/ office use, there's a flaw.

The lilli's Evil Twin (not manufactured by lilliput) is the Xenarc 700 TSV, wich only use a 20-wires cable for Power, VGA, TSK, Video-In (*2) and audio-in and a strong connector. It also has an integrated 12v regulator for car use, so no fancy "egg" in the power cord.

But it has a price (400€, rougly the same in $)
tailormadepc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:01:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
As the prices of mini systems become easier to afford, more and more systems are finding their way into less than typical installations, such as in the family car. Using a computer in a car obviously requires special display and input considerations not needed in the home, and the Lilliput 7" display featured in this review addresses both. - The Review

Hello,

Great Forum.

Would like to build a Carputer however 7" TFT Panels are still quite expensive over here. Has anyone had any experiences with digitalww.com?, they seem to have a lot of 7" TFT Panels available on their web-site. Not sure whether Xenarc's are better than Lilliput's, think that the latter are generally cheaper to buy. Any idea's?. Think that digitalww.com ship internationally but am frightened of receiving a completely smashed up parcel and the import duty and tax costs!!. Sad

Have a good day!!.

Kind Regards.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:08:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Xenarc's more expensive, but I haven't seen one in person to compare them head to head.

I have tried contacting them for a review sample, since many people have asked me which brand is better, hopefully they are confident that they are and will send one over!! Grin

Welcome!
chocoprins
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:44:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi all,

Does anyone know if and where you can buy this http://www.lilliput.cn/207.htm seperately? I've seen tons of the 7" versions around on ebay and other retailers but i can't find the 5" versions...

Thanks a lot.
Nookie420
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:55:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

FYI these are great for modders. they will run off the 12vrail of your psu!!!! mod away
Asus Maximus V Formula | i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified | | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance | XSPC Raystorm RX 360 Extreme D5 custom loop | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | WD 2 TB Black | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 800D | Windows 8.1 Pro
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Backup rig[/COLOR]
EVGA 780i SLI | Q9550 @ 3.54 Ghz | EVGA GTX 580 Classified | 4 GB Dominator | Corsiar H100 | OCZ Vertex 4 120 GB | WD 500 GB Black | Antec TQP 1000 | Lian-Li PCA10B | Windows 8.1 Pro
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:05:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I looked around a bit chocprins, but can't find that one for sale... Did see that Logic Supply now has an 8" Lilliput screen, though... Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:54:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's actually a cool idea Nookie Smile

Run that off the 12v rail, and mod it into the 5 1/4 bay. Have it disply some trippy screen, system info, etc. Might have to look into that...heheheeh
tceder
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:08:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Has anyone had any luck running this 7" touch screen on XP sp2? Mine worked great until I installed sp2. When I plug in the usb it freezes the machine and requires a hard reboot. I have tried it on 3 different machines, all have the same problem.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:13:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome tceder!

I installed mine on XP SP1, but have since 'upgraded' to SP2... Not a single hiccup...

But, I generally do not unplug the USB, it stays on one machine full time now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: