Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Touch Screen
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chocoprins
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:57:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Does anyone know if maybe there are screens comparable in quality (XGA) and pricing, but then in 4:3?

tnx
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

chocoprins
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:50:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Also, (hope i'm not starting to annoy you) do you know if the reviewed 7" screen is flipable in X and/or Y direction? On the Lilliput site that is mentioned often with almost every screen they sell, except for this one (maybe they just forgot?)...

This is important for me because i'm planning to use it on my camera which records upside-down, leftside-right image, bacause of an adapter I built.

Tnx again...
R@dRob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:42:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wish the review would have mentioned the width/height of the unit. I would LOVE to mod this thing, but don't know if it will fit in the front of my case. Seven inch diagonal unfortunately doesn't help here. Anyone know the answer? Confused
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:28:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Umm, I may be able to help... Grin

the whole display (with housing) is 7.5"w x 5"h and the screen alone is 6"w x 3 5/8" h.

Sun - welcome!
R@dRob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:17:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Crud!!! Won't fit in the case I was thinking of modding... Anyone know of a full tower case this thing would fit in??? Unfortunately, most case reviews don't give dimensions of the case... grrrrr... Bang Head

P.S. Thank you for answering my question so quickly... I'm determined to make this work somehow, but seriously want a full tower case.

R@dRob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:25:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

By the way, for some stupid reason, my avatar isn't working...
DOH!

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:23:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

R@dRob wrote:
By the way, for some stupid reason, my avatar isn't working...
DOH!

One from here? Or linked offsite? Confused
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

R@dRob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:29:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There we go, sorry... nevermind, I fixed it! Smile

I was digging in my closet and found an old server case that was given to me long ago. An old Compaq server. Next payday, I'm gonna buy this little LCD and attempt my first mod with it being the center of attraction. Hmmmm... Now all I need is a theme and a little artistic talent ( I really have neither ). Laughing

ihristov
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:25:29    Post Subject: Car performance Reply with quote View Single Post

The review is nice, but it lacks one important observation for the intended audience. Namely:

How does it perform in a car environment? How well does one see the screen in the car when it is dark, when it is bright outside? Is it visible at all under direct sunlight?

Does it have some auto adjustments for dark/bright outside conditions?

Anybody have any observations on this?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:43:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, welcome...

I am just now figuring out how to get the whole pc well mounted in the car...

Dark environment is not a problem at all... the screen is bright and easy to see, and the buttons are all illuminated for easy navigation.

Bright condtions are a different story... But not exclusive to the Lilliput. The details on the screen can be near impossible to read in certain conditions, but I experience the same conditions with my in dash stereo, and even my digital instruments on the bashboard. Not much you can do there, but try to position it in your line of site, but away from sun light. For use in the front seat, I don't know what screen would be much better at this...

There is no auto-adjustment, but you can easily adjust brightest/contrast, and perhaps create your own profiles for a quick switch of your own that would require just a click or two.

Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: