Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: DreamCatcher 3.5.....THE LAST VARIENT!! 
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:25:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Just realized I forgot to mention the primary starting point for the watercooling system……..I’m using Aqua Computer’s Aquaduct 240 PRO Mark II as that starting point. This will place the “big” stuff outside, avoid clutter in an already small case, and simplify a lot of issues

Okay so I mounted the mobo into the SG01 to start figuring out the plumbing. Once the hardware was kinda in place it is amazing what happens to the “pre-planning” for the layout! Thought I was going to need 90 degree fitting for the NB cooler….wrong! If anything they’ll be needed for the GPU cooler, especially if I decide to go out the back of the unit. The following series of pics will show my attempts to get the tubing to fit without crimping. While in the Ultra MX6 I had room over the CPU / NB area that is lost to the PSU in the SG01.

One area of concern is a potential area where the tubing may become “crimped”. In the pics above that would be to the left or top of the pictures showing the GPU. It is where the tube goes over the GPU and under the PSU. Here are a couple of close ups showing the “top” and the “bottom”.

And the last mechanical fit issue is between the PSU and one of the mounting screws for the memory fan cooler….it may work itself out after everything is buttoned up.

Finally had another chance to play a little with it. Originally the plan had been for case in to be to the right as view from the front with return to the left. However no matter what I tried I could not get the tubing from the NB cooler to connect to the pass through without crimping. So did the easy way out and reversed it. Here are a couple of views showing how the preliminary plumbing will be…minus the PSU.

The only real question / concern is the section that goes under the PSU and up over the GPU. Here is a view of that section without the PSU in place. Remember that the PSU edge will extend about ¼ - 3/8” ( 6 – 10mm roughly) further than the edge of the angle. You can somewhat reference the edge by the mounting hole.

I’ve noticed that with use the tubing usually will “soften” enough to assume the shape eventually. My concern is will the “softening” process weaken the sidewall and cause a crimp?

Oddly enough think I’ve resolved my crimping concerns…..all I had to do was use the correct PSU!! My initial fitting was done with the OCZ that ended up in YsSMN v3.0 as the Enermax MODU 82+ was powering the tech station. As it turns out the OCZ is a wee bit over an inch longer, so I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

First off here is the OCZ again, then the Enermax……..

……….giving me room between the memory cooler. So here is where the tubing ended up

DreamCatcher AM3 >> (Down Again) >> SG01 Evo, MSI 785GM-E65, PII X4 955(AQ H2O Cooled), XFX GTX285(EK H2O Cooled), Seagate 7200.10 ST380815AS 80GB, 2 x G.S. F3-12800CL7D-2GBPI, MODU82+ EMD525AWT, XP Home SP2
KestrelFlight >> (Under Construction) >> Zalman Z7+, MSI NF980-G65, PII X4 1055T, 2 x Galaxy 580GTXs, Zalman 32GB SSD, WD V'Raptor 300GB, 2 x WD 1 TB Blacks, G.S. F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD, Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus , Win7
Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved