Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Obama Wants DTV Switch Postponed Until June 12 
djw746
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:17:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote

veleb wrote:
Many ppl forget that to get good signal you need a good antenna if you happen to be at place where the digital signal is weaker. Fortunatelly usually a piece of wire is enough to get it going. Even a coat hanger might work. It can take some trial-and-error time tho. But in the end I helped 3 neighbours get a signal that way - it's up to them now to decide if they need better antenna Wink
ha! thanks for pointing out the obvious. Yes, I had a decent antenna (works around 40 mile indoors) but alas living beyond that range means an outdoor antenna which I cannot use (thus my use of cable).
I gave my digital antenna to my girlfriend (who lives on the cusp signal range) which meant she had signal up until transition day which she lost all but 2 fuzzy gospel signals and a very snowy, noisy NBC. (had 8 watchable plus 2 gospel channels)
It isn't always an option to improve receiver which is what I assume people under 60 were calling to report.
But ya, an antenna only really helps if you live in or near a city.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved