Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: is it absolutely necessary? 
TIMB3RW01F
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 05:05:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote

(TSC)Bender wrote:
The cost of watercooling could get you a better card than what you have. Like everyone else, I recommend that route.

As for learning overclocking, doing it for the video card is a little easier than the CPU. You can enable it in the driver or get an external program like Rivatuner that already has overclocking available. I personally up the core and memory clocks in increments of 5MHz and run a few games and benchmark programs and check for any instability and abnormal graphics artifacts (usually white snow or messed up polygons). If you run into any of those, bump the clocks down and you pretty much have your maximum overclock. Most factory clock settings give you a little space to overclock, even with standard fan cooling.

To be honest, I have a better card although the GPU fan came D.O.A. Is it possible to use watercooling on it instead of a GPU fan? It's the NVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB card. It ran fine for a while but then it became hot as the fires of Hell so I don't know if it's possible to maybe use water cooling in lieu of a GPU fan. i've always wanted to tinker with Water Cooling.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved