Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Obama Wants DTV Switch Postponed Until June 12 
killap4oc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:17:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Modulok wrote:
killap4oc wrote:
I believe his whole intent in delaying the switch is so that the poorer class will be able to afford converter boxes. I know that some of you just want to do away with inefficient CRT TV's but hey I'm still running a CRT monitor and some of us do not exactly want to make an upgrade to an LCD or an HDTV due to cost. While some people find this switch cheap for some of us, the whole point is the nation's economy is falling and it is falling hard. Just because some of us might want us to toss our old televisions and buy something new does not mean the entire country can afford too... However at the same time, yes the switch has been delayed, but it has not been delayed for that much longer.

This is why we had to push the date out, people are still uninformed about what is actually changing. This is NOT making everyone switch to HDTVs. It's just how TV is broadcast over the air. It just applies to those who use cable over the air, if they have an older TV (that only converts analog signals) they need a new TV, or a digital converter box).

http://www.dtv.gov/consumercorner.html#faq5

First I want to say I understand that Digital to Analog boxes are available. However take a look at this article...

http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=6&hid=115&sid=b9038112-4776-418a-9b79-5bb39ed6bce5%40sessionmgr108&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=aph&AN=36603004

(TSC)Bender wrote:

I doubt a few more months will help anyone in the lower class to afford converter boxes. Some people can barely afford their daily expenses, let alone anything extra. Although I have quite a few SDTVs at home that still get usage, I probably won't be getting any converter boxes for em.

However while you may not be purchasing a digital converter, 9.6 million of these households are a majority of minorities and lower income households. I understand the want for clarity of TV reception, however isn't this more then unfair and unjust to the lower class, along with these minorities.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved