Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Netflix Player by ROKU. 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:28:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to find the time to actually sit down and watch a movie, but the tv shows are only 40minutes long when they take the commercials out so we don't seem to have a hard time wedging one in between other things. It's no better, and probably worse than using your HTPC to watch them, just nice because I turned my HTPC into an IPCOP firewall several months ago after my wife caught one of our kids googling "sexy boobies" on the internet. Grin

With your massive internet connection you could probably stream HD content if they made it available, I'm stuck watching past TV shows at 1.5Mbps which looks OK on our small 22" lcd TV, but has noticable quality issues on the 51" big screen. My connection is faster than that, but that's about the fastest speed you can get for any single connection between Anchorage and Seattle. Netflix has a distribution facility here in Anchorage, it's a shame they don't have a server cache as well. Still I like the simplicity and ease with which I can disconnect it and move it from TV to TV.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved