Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Kermit the Folder Worklog 
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 01:03:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Okay now that Iā€™ve kinda sorta made up my mind on the cooling issues decided to do some stuff before the boss lady get back from her momā€™s Monday.

First off it is ā€œDREMEL TIME!ā€ The first thing to get chopped is the stock stamped fan grills for the rear 60mm fansā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ now you see ā€˜emā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ now you donā€™t!

After that it was time to butcher the drive cage. Needed to make a clearance cut so the HSF wouldnā€™t touch. As usual I decided to remove more than necessary, but at least this way the cooling holes would allow for less metal to cut. Right off the bat I realized this was a lot different than the last three cases I cut on. They are aluminum and this is steel! Any way got the wild hair to add 6 more ā€œcooling holesā€ to the HDD side and promptly had issues. Because of my usual rush I didnā€™t really support the sheet metal so had the drill bit grab, stick, and actually ā€œbendā€ the sheet metal. So here you have itā€¦ā€¦.. before, the cut out, and the holes.

With a little bit of time decided to start putting stuff in place. One of the first things different from the initial layout was to put the modular cable block under the drive cage. Take a close look and youā€™ll see it will get real tight if left near the PSU and HDD.

The only things not in place right now will be the 2 x 60mm fans and the 120mm on the side. I also havenā€™t hooked up any of the molex stuff either. So for now will button ā€˜er up and wait ā€˜til I have the opportunity to do the 120mm hole.
DreamCatcher AM3 >> (Down Again) >> SG01 Evo, MSI 785GM-E65, PII X4 955(AQ H2O Cooled), XFX GTX285(EK H2O Cooled), Seagate 7200.10 ST380815AS 80GB, 2 x G.S. F3-12800CL7D-2GBPI, MODU82+ EMD525AWT, XP Home SP2
KestrelFlight >> (Under Construction) >> Zalman Z7+, MSI NF980-G65, PII X4 1055T, 2 x Galaxy 580GTXs, Zalman 32GB SSD, WD V'Raptor 300GB, 2 x WD 1 TB Blacks, G.S. F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD, Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus , Win7
Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved