Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 Channel PCI Express Sound Card 
split10
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:15:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Sorry... Thought I had posted some preliminaries on this weeks ago. Skype works just fine. I am using this headphone / microphone combo...

http://www.bigbruin.com/2006/siberia_1

Not a problem in Skype at all.

Thanks for that Smile
Doctor Feelgood wrote:
As for your other requests, I'll have to dig deeper into that. So you want voice communication while audio is also playing?

If you can. I don't know if you aware of this as you may never use it, but getting stereo mix in Vista (Creatives What U Hear) is not like it used to be on all cards.
Who would use it? This is a quote from another forum as to why it might be needed.

1. I have a radio program I produce. The "stereo mix" is what allowed me to do voice-overs and such the way a real radio program does. I now have to use another old system I dug out of the closet to do this.
2. I have a device I connect to the USB port to copy VCR tapes to DVD for some of my customers. Things like family videos and such. That device uses, you guessed it, "stereo mix" for the audio portion of the tape. Back to the old boat anchor system.
3. A radio station in the area contracts with me to make some of their commercials for them. Again, those require voice-over work. Without the "stereo mix" it's right back to the old system again.
4. I am part of a Bluegrass Gospel group. I used to use my laptop to make "master" recordings to use to make CDs for the group. That was handy because I could set up wherever we wanted to work. My old system is a desktop, so now we will have to move all the stuff for a desktop the next time we want to do that.
5. The company I work for does meetings via the web. I used to be the one that recorded the meetings to be played back later. There's a slight problem with that now since I can only record the video portion of the meetings and not the audio.
6. I used to be a member of a web site that does Karoke and allows you to record what you sing. This one is the thing I like to do, and it also uses "stereo mix" to mix the music with the voice from the mic. They are RIAA members and pay royalties for the music you use, BTW.

I'm sure there are many other uses, but he sums it up nicely.
It's also a feature Creative seem to be doing away with on their cards, and newer drivers creative release on some cards dont have it.
I appreciate that not all users want to do any of the above list, but it's a feature that I for one would use.
If the "Karaoke Functions" on the ASUS card work in Vista, then it has it....that simple really I guess.

It's a feature we have always had, but suddenly it's been taken away for some reason esp in Vista on a lot of cards.
A real nightmare for laptop users, but thats another story though I feel we will be hearing more of it.

Thanks anyway Smile

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved