Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Logisys Glacier Dual LED Fan 500W Power Supply 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:37:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 7Enigma... the scariest thing in that thread is how the new guy, Josie Wales, decided he should be the spokeman for ethics and decided we were corrupt and willing to lie in the name of a single, cheap item. There is no sponsor I am willing to do that for, and we have given bad scores and refused items that looked poor.

Hellfire had a typo, or transposed a number wrong... it was a mistake. No one complained, just questioned the review and we looked into it and corrected it. Now, at the time the review was released, it got a 3 out of 5). I don't think we can be accused of trying to suck up to a manufacturer with that score, but we have given lower (even a 0/5). Regardless, the manufacturer who got the zero (Evercool) and Logisys both asked if they could send more samples for review despite not doing to well in our testing. They obviously appreciate thorough reviews of poor products, as much as glowing reviews.

I have seen many power supply reviews that may deserve to be on that list, but won't list any personally... What makes this one stand out to me to not deserve a place there is that Hellfire had a testing methodolgy that he stuck to through the whole review, and tested this power supply using two other units as head-to-head competition. I insist on multimeter testing, but even those who use MBM5 or similar need to compare it to something else, and have a consistent approach to testing. His system is modern and probably represents a good example of a typical system. From that view, it may be more informative to many people with similar setups looking for a new psu, than if he loaded it with things the average Joe will never install.

One thing is for sure, I want us to use the same test methods now, in addition to the same test equipment.

Two Cents

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved