Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Soprano - Need Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfb130
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:32:25    Post Subject: Thermaltake Soprano - Need Help Reply with quote View Single Post

I just bought the Thermaltake Soprano and need help with the LED Connectors. Each is a color and white. When I am hooking these up to my motherboard P5WD2 Premium from Asus I am ASSUMING that the white wire on the LED is NEGATIVE & colored one POSITIVE.

Please correct me if I am wrong or give me a heads up if I am right.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:27:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Generally yes, you are correct, however it doesn't have to be that way.

Worst case, the LED just won't light up, then switch the wires around and all will be good.
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:47:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had a similar problem with my Thermaltake Armo case and the A5WD2 Premium. I just reversed the wires from what I originally put them is as (label side up) and then everything was fine.
jfb130
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:56:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So when you reversed them in were the colored wires to positive & white to negative.
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:14:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I forget which was which, all I know is that one way they didn't work, and the other they worked fine. I suggest you try reversing them and see what happens.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:54:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi jfb130, welcome! Wave

You won't damage anything if you get it backwards... If you don't see lights, just reverse the wires.
jfb130
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:36:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I guess if when I hit the power button and it doesn't turn on I'll know they are backwards. Thanks for your help!!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:20:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

jfb130 wrote:
I guess if when I hit the power button and it doesn't turn on I'll know they are backwards. Thanks for your help!!

Yup! That's a surefire way to know they're reversed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: