Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Woot! ipod...
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:31:42    Post Subject: Woot! ipod... Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok...so 2 years ago i purchased a 1st gen 5gb iPod on ebay, for 150$ it has served me well...but last night a freind of mine offered to sell me a 20gb 3rd gen ipod for 50$ he said it wasnt working...and that he had reformatted it and such...so i plug it into my pc...do a fat 32 reformat, then use the ipod reformat tool i format it to ipod factory settings and viola...it works...so now i have a 20gb ipod W/ iTrip for 50$...i am pretty pleased with myself...

I also have a u2 ipod dissasembled in my room...a kid at school apearantly thrashed it and asked me to fix it...i pop off the back cover and find lint, crumbs, physical damage, ripped hard drive cable, and a fully corrupt harddrive...if it wasnt for the ripped hdd cable i would put my 20gb hdd in that case...for you ipod buffs that understand how ipods are constructed you would be saying just replace the cable...however it is broken at the board...the actual connector is half ripped off.

so i have 3 ipods in my room 2 of wich are mine and one of wich will be a nice u2 paperweight...

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:42:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bust out the soldering gun.
evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:34:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

And some desoldering wick Wink

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:28:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Woot has a 5gb mp3 player today for 119 and it comes with boomtube speakers...
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:37:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the actual connector is broken off the board...the wires are the size of hairs...and its not my ipod...it would take some uber soldering skeeelz...
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:14:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
.it would take some uber soldering skeeelz...

Which (maybe) you could learn if you weren't listening to 2 iPods at once Laughing
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:55:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
the actual connector is broken off the board...the wires are the size of hairs...and its not my ipod...it would take some uber soldering skeeelz...

Don't be such a pansy. it's not even your ipod. Show the guy what's wrong with it, tell him it's toast, and then close it all up nice and shiny like for a return to the apple store. See if they'll replace it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:30:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thats what i am doing... Bang Head ...however i dont belive they will take it back is has some serious external damage...and as far as soldering i dont belive it is humanly possible...its too much work for an ipod with an already known dead hdd...
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:13:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:

...its too much work for an ipod with an already known dead hdd...

But hax if you had a third iPod you could attach it to your iBuzz
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:20:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

it striaght thanks... Bang Head

there was a company making those for phones too i saw it on unscrewed a while ago but their site is down so no linkage for you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: