Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Running Spybot Search and Destroy from a USB Drive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:21:04    Post Subject: Running Spybot Search and Destroy from a USB Drive Reply with quote View Single Post

I have just recently been experimenting with portable apps on my USB drive. I know you can run adaware from it without having it installed on the host machine, and i was wondering if you could do the same with spybot serch and destroy? Does anyone know how to do this?

One other question as well, does anyone know any cool sites for portable apps that I could check out? I really get a kick out of them and like to experiment with them. Thanks all! Wave Confused Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:07:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

you can yes... i forget how to do it though lol.... at circuitcity b4 i quit there we had it on all of our flash drives so it is possible sorry im no help though.

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:20:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i was talking with some people at a local computer store about spyware and he said ad aware is all you need spybot helps very little... another program i use is hijack this it is a good program but if you dont know your system well or dont know what you are doing with pc's dont use it you can delete system files...
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:28:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
i was talking with some people at a local computer store about spyware and he said ad aware is all you need spybot helps very little... another program i use is hijack this it is a good program but if you dont know your system well or dont know what you are doing with pc's dont use it you can delete system files...

I've found several instances in the past where spybot has done more for me after I've ran my adaware scan.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:33:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Addaware USED to be one of the best but I wont even use it now. They started accepting $$$ from software companies to remove their software from the lists of programs Addaware removed...in other words THEY SOLD OUT!!!! Spybot would catch things Addaware would not and vise versa but once Addaware sold out I ditched them.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:51:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I Googled this list

I also run a mail app on a thumb drive / mp3 player, but I think that was proprietary. Was pretty cool having personal access to my SMTP/POP on any PC I pulled up to.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:47:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hijack this is the ultimate in spyware removal...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:09:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
I also run a mail app....

Which Mail app do you run? I have been experimenting with Mozilla Thunderbird. It seems to go pretty well I think anyway. If anyone can figure out how to get spybot onto a thumb drive let me know. I would like to be able to run it when I am at work on some different machines. Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions guys. It's why I love this Forum. Wave Two Cents Grin Grin
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:25:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK sorry bout the last post I was in a hurry and forgot to say that the quote was from Big Bruin's post. Oops!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: