Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Problems with matrox g550 driver installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tolle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:35:55    Post Subject: Problems with matrox g550 driver installation Reply with quote View Single Post

Me and my colleague are building a computer for work ( a recording sudio). To make use of two screens, we bought the matrox g550. After installing the proper drivers and restarting, the screen seems to work, but when the Xp logo should appear, the screen turns black.This is a clean system with just the graphics card, and freshly formatted disks.We are using the analog output to a Medion 19" lcd monitor. We have tried some solutions offered by the people at Matrox, so this is just to see if anyone has got any other possible solutions. Any Ideas?

We should be up and running by Tuesday, so help is truly appreciated!

Specs:
Asus a7v8x-x
Amd Athlon XP 2700
1.5 Gb RAM (3*512 Mb
Matrox Millenium g550
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Sequalit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:06:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

alright, this sounds like a driver issue with windows XP, i have had this happen to me when i have installed a new graphics card... basically what windows is doing is trying to go back to the default display device, which you should disable. (im assuming your motherboard has a built in vid card, im assumeing a g550 is a vid card lol)... this is what you do

plug your monitor back into the old vid plugin, then start windows, see if it boots, if it doesnt then damn ill have to think on it to see what you do from there, but if it does boot to windows

go into display properties (right click on desktop go to properties and settings tab), windows XP should have an option on there for using a default display device and to use two monitors... make sure you have one monitor plugged into the vid card and one plugged into your default vid card... just change the default display device... click advanced or something lol...

you may even have to go into device manager and disable your old vid card...
right click mycomputer<properties<hardware<device manager.... search for display adaptors or something like that, and find your old vid card and disable it, and make sure your new one is enabled and everything...

reboot windows see what happens.

i unno how much ehlp that is, but its about all i know.
tolle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:35:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, this motherboard doesn't have a built in video card, so that can't be it.
When booting without the matrox drivers, win xp starts normally.
Also, when booting with the matrox drivers installed, but without the 4 in 1 drivers from via, windows starts normally.
The problem arrives when both of these are installed. When I should get a log-on screen, the screen goes black.
We've tried loads of 4 in 1-drivers, and loads of drivers for the matrox card, but nothing seems to work.
Sequalit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:16:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

darn, sorry dude i know nothing about 4 in 1 drivers, i dont even know what a 4 in 1 driver is.
tolle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:29:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The 4 in 1 drivers are drivers for via chipsets. There seems to be a problem with the AGP drivers in particular, but I'm blank myself at this point Bang Head
It seems to be a well known problem with this particular chipset (kt400), so we're not sure what to do at this moment.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:41:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Don't use the 4-in-1 drivers, just use the built in windows ones.
tolle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:16:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually I've tried that as well.
Uninstalled the 4 in 1 drivers, but when the windows drivers are installed, the same thing happens.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:33:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What did Matrox tell you to try?

Also is this card new or used?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: