Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Problems with matrox g550 driver installation 
Sequalit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:06:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote

alright, this sounds like a driver issue with windows XP, i have had this happen to me when i have installed a new graphics card... basically what windows is doing is trying to go back to the default display device, which you should disable. (im assuming your motherboard has a built in vid card, im assumeing a g550 is a vid card lol)... this is what you do

plug your monitor back into the old vid plugin, then start windows, see if it boots, if it doesnt then damn ill have to think on it to see what you do from there, but if it does boot to windows

go into display properties (right click on desktop go to properties and settings tab), windows XP should have an option on there for using a default display device and to use two monitors... make sure you have one monitor plugged into the vid card and one plugged into your default vid card... just change the default display device... click advanced or something lol...

you may even have to go into device manager and disable your old vid card...
right click mycomputer<properties<hardware<device manager.... search for display adaptors or something like that, and find your old vid card and disable it, and make sure your new one is enabled and everything...

reboot windows see what happens.

i unno how much ehlp that is, but its about all i know.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved