Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
worst places to have to return goods to ?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 00:18:23    Post Subject: worst places to have to return goods to ? Reply with quote View Single Post

walk in or online places to deal with when you have had a problem .to get a refund or exchange .

Last edited by renovation on Sat, 07 May 2005 00:28:49; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 00:22:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Fry's mostly because 3 out of every 5 things you buy there have to be returned. Notice I said things YOU buy there. I avoid the place like the plague
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 01:47:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Western digital...took me 2 hrs to get my freakin RMA number...rma's count as returns i guess.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 13:52:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I only had to return things to Fry's twice, and never had an issue. Other than that... I can't really think of any issues.

BEST has been Costco. We bought a Vacuum cleaner from there when we first moved out to Colorado... about 6 months later it broke. But we couldn't find the receipt. So I call the store seeing if I could get a copy of it so I could get a warranty repair through the manufacture.... They said "Just bring it in and we'll take care of it". I did and they offered me either a FULL REFUND or a store credit. I just took the credit and bought another one. Costco is tops on my list for buying stuff now.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 15:00:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i had to deal w/ tigerdirect a lot... have to go through like 50 different ppl then you have to call back at a different time so the manager is there and all this other bs i didnt really care for them at all so i dont think imma buy there again just b/c of the run-around you get

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 17:20:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Costco gets my vote for best too... broke a stainless garbage can after 6 months or so... brought it back and was going to ask for an exchange... they gave me cash without a question.

Worst... Circuit City. I haven't been there in years just because they were such tools... and the ridiculous restocking fee.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 17:40:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

CC has a restocking fee?? Wonder when they did that, they didn't used to. But they probably did because so many people used to "rent" stuff for 29 days and return it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 21:34:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

they may not any more... Laughing - they did in the late 90's, and thats when I stopped going... They talked me into something for a computer, it wasn't even compatible with the computer (also from CC) and then wanted 15% to take it back... Bang Head

Haven't been back since a few of those type things!
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 21:42:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Worst... Circuit City. I haven't been there in years just because they were such tools... and the ridiculous restocking fee.

its the same restocking fee as everyone else hehe... 15% i find best buy to be way worse when it comes to returns... our local ccity is much better for returns

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
CC has a restocking fee?? Wonder when they did that, they didn't used to. But they probably did because so many people used to "rent" stuff for 29 days and return it.

thats y they brought it back they got rid of it for several years then about last year sometime they brought it back for the renting thing... however there are still a lot of ppl that do it on the open box items since there is no fee to do it to those

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 07 May 2005 23:04:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I worked at CC for a few yrs in the early 90's. We had no restocking fee back then. A lot of certain nationality people would rent stuff (mainly video camera's, but other stuff as well) from CC all the time. They actually had a "code" they'd use when someone would spot them shopping, so that all the sales people stayed away from the area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: