Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
CM stacker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:42:03    Post Subject: CM stacker Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been thinking about getting the Cooler Master STacker case, but I'm note sure of a few things. The pictures show the vented bay covers, and others show the 3 possible 120mm fans in the front without the bay covers on. Does anyone know if you can use the fans and the bay covers to cover up the look of the fans?

I'm just looking for a huge case, so I can possible mod it. Also I'm thinking of trying out a home-built water cooling set-up and this case seems to have ample room. Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:19:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No replies in this post forever. So I went out and purchased the case. Oh my god is it big *insert perverted comment here*. I'm really impressed with the size of the case, there are alot of cons, but also quite a few pros. For people looking into this case.

Pros: *The size, it's enormous.
*There is a tray for the PSU that is twice the size of the PSU, any unused wires can just get tucked back up there and out of the way.
*Ventilated bottom with room for extra PSU, water cooling anyone?
*Mostly all thumbscrews.
*2x120mm fans and 80mm, great airflow.

Cons: Quite a big list for small things.
*Fan on the 4-in-a hdd thing won't hold in with normal fan screws, they just don't screw into the metal. You're stuck with the plastic push pins which I don't like.
*Backplates with cut outs for 80mm fans are flimsy, and don't connect to the case smoothly. Only holds in with two screws. Shotty at best.
*I had to modify the PSU adapter because the power connector on my PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI didn't quite fit. Some pliars and I bent the adapter plate up a little to make it fit flushly. Not a big problem, but still annoying.

That's what I have for right now. I haven't put a mobo or any drives in the case yet. I also still have more water cooling supplies on the way. It's quite a nice case, there's just to many small problems that are more annoying, than just problems.

Enforcer
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:49:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am so sorry I didn't catch this, i bought this case 2 months ago and could have answered your questions. I got 2 of the "4 in 3" drive bays to add a couple 120mm fans, and I also got the cross flow fan, definate must if your air cooling your case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: