Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Activist Boat Ramming Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:21:14    Post Subject: Activist Boat Ramming Video Reply with quote View Single Post

So some hippies think its a good idea to bring a toy boat into the Antarctic to bother Japanese whalers... Day one doesn't go too well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0diQocPLE

Not only do they lose their fancy boat - but they get the frigid water cannon to the face as they're probably panicking about if their going to sink.

Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:16:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Looks like some Darwin candidates to me..... Laughing
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:20:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Charlie wrote:
Looks like some Darwin candidates to me..... Laughing

Exactly what I was thinking... wonder when they'll get their Darwin award.

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:38:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not sure why we shoot pirates of Somalia, but let these burnouts ram Sovereign vessels in International waters. They are pirates, but I guess they aren't hitting the right people in the pocket book.

Yes the Japanese are using a technicality to continue their whaling, but the right way to do this is to close the technicalities. Can you imagine if I pulled up next to you on the highway, saw you talking on your cellphone and proceeded to just ram you? I mean if I don't take you out, your going to cause an accident and kill someone. Grin After all, the end justifies the means right.....???? At least to most libs it does just so long as it's their ends and no one elses.

After watching the video, someone should bust them for a MARPOL violation. Dumping plastics of any quantity into the ocean is a violation. That fancy plastic boat sure seemed to disgorge quite a bit of material after trying to ram the "research boat". Of note is that they tried it on the trawlers STBD side, making the trawler the giveway vessel. Yet another technicality, but there's also rules that require the sea shepherd vessel to take action to avoid collision as well, which they obviously didn't.

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:41:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Some news reports are saying the Japanese boat took aim at them and some even say they split the hippie boat in half. Obvious sympathizers that haven't seen the video.

I am no nautical expert - but at the end of the video you can see a look toward the back of the Whaling boat - and the wake is well off to the right... So looking forward, doesn't that imply that they were turning left - away from the hippies?
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:51:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It does look like they were turning left. International Collision Regulations (COLREGS) require the Japanese vessel to give way or avoid the other vessel because they are on their STBD (right) side. It's also apparent that the plastic boat was changing their speed hinder the Japanese vessel. Likely they would both be guilty simply because the collision occurred and neither attempted to avoid it using all means necessary. This includes stopping and or reversing engines.
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 01:29:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Reminds me of the day we shipped out for The Gulf War. A bunch of Green Pease sluts got as many rubber rafts, canoes, and the like and joined hands across the San Diego channel to block our ships way for leaving port.
What they didn't know was our Captain at the time was an old crusty a$$ "Mustang" which means he worked his way to that postion from first being enlisted. Longer story short, he wasn't much in the way of political correctness.

Right after spotting them, he gave the order of all ahead full. Not only did he not slow down, he brought the speed of the ship above what was allowed for transversing the channel. He then got on the load speaked and said, "Judging by the distance to target, I'd say you people have about a minute and a half to get those motors started and out of the way of this ships before being suck through it's steam powered screws."

Everyone of them started pulling the cords on those motors so fast, they hardly gave the spindle time to retract the string.

www.cduclan.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: