Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Enermax Maxflow CS-718B ATX Case
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:02:36    Post Subject: Enermax Maxflow CS-718B ATX Case Reply with quote View Single Post

As nice as the exterior of this case is, the interior is what really sets this case apart from the rest. The “wind tunnel” design is without a doubt the most innovative, and eye catching, feature of this case. Coupled with the inverted motherboard design, a decent boost to the system's cooling performance should be expected while using the Enermax Maxflow. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:57:01; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

OneAppleMan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:11:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:16:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome OneAppleMan!

Whoa! That is similar! dadx2mj... If I can get one of those, wanna do a review and compare the two? A $110 difference is alot of green... But Enermax does include a PSU that sells for $70ish, has the fan speed controller, and LED display... Interesting.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:30:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sure I am game if you can get us one I'll be glad to review it and compare. Would be interesting to see if it has the quality of the Enermax
OneAppleMan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:46:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool Grin

The one I got is already in peaces. I striped it down to get ready for its paint job. That side window was just screaming "Hal 9000" at me so here I go.

As far as if it as good at the Enermax I would have to say so. The two cases are exactly alike as far as the frame goes. I could not get is to warp at all. Even after my 250 a$$ sat on it without any of the outer panels on. The only difference that I could see was that the plastic shroud was a different collor and the the Enermax has a few extra things like the power supply, LCD display with alarm, fan RPM, Aluminum dial to control up to 4 fans, and blue LED Fans (in the Aerocool it just has two regular fans). I mean even the feet and the look like they are the same.

I would have to say the only thing that I do not like is the metal too-less mounts for the 5.25" and 3.5" bay components. But I can live with it Wave

As far as the Enermax, just to much has been done to it. Before I bought my Aroocool I always said that I would never buy a premoded case but the Aroocool case was perfect with the window and that was it. Plus look at all the room for a water kit Razz
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:48:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool... I shot a note off to Aerocool, so we'll see if they are game to sponsor a review! I also linked them on this thread... We'll see, and thanks for the info OneAppleMan!!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:19:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It is kind of funny that the Enermax with no window has LED fans and the Aerocool with a window does not.

I was in the local Fry's yesterday and saw one of the Aerocool cases. The side panel was not on it so I could not see the window but the inside looked identical to the Enermax minus the fan controller and wires for the LCD and front panel ports. I was kind of in a rush so I did not get to check it out real good though.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

xenophobe
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:47:02    Post Subject: Sorry to bump such an old thread... Reply with quote View Single Post

But I just read the review of this case, and I'm wondering how well you think this would do with a newer system...

I have an evga 680i A1 motherboard, an E6850 cpu, and have physically looked at over 60 cases in person, and easily another 100+ online, and this is pretty much what I'm looking for...

I just wonder if there is anyone still using this case, and their thoughts on how well it would work for me.

Sorry for the bumping of an old thread, but all the features of this case are basically exactly what I'm looking for and want to know how well this would stack up against modern 'high flow' gaming towers...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:31:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No problem on the old thread bump... hopefully the reviewer will come online soon and give his opinion.

I would say some older cases are some of the better ones out there. Although I never used this one, I had an older Enermax (5-6 years old) case I would probably still be using if I didn't 'loan' it to someone... Laughing
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:38:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
I had an older Enermax (5-6 years old) case I would probably still be using if I didn't 'loan' it to someone... Laughing

ok, don't be surprised if it ends up on your doorstep in the near future. Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: