Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Going to get my Keg filled, any suggestions?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:54:23    Post Subject: Going to get my Keg filled, any suggestions? Reply with quote View Single Post

OK,
I got to fill the keg for poker night tonight, any suggestions. I get my beer from The Midnight Sun Brewery Have a look at their current offerings and let me know what you would buy.

Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:00:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd give the Saison of the Sun a try (before buying a keg's worth). But it looks like it would be pretty good.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:07:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've tried all of them several times Grin I was actually leaning towards the Greed Belgian-style Single. The saison is very good, but I'm not sure if I could handle 5 gallons of it. The spice is very light, but after several pints I think it might start to get old. The ladies would probably love it though. Grin hmmmmm.......maybe the saison is the way to go..............

I may have to have a sample both again before I choose. They are pretty laid back at the brewery and have no problems giving free samples. We finished a keg of the Heff a couple days ago, so that ones out.

Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:35:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK EC,
I'm off to fill the keg. I think I will get the Saison. Assuming it's exceptional as usuall and the current batch of Greed isn't out of this world.

*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:01:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good luck. When I make it up that way (some time) I'lll make sure to stop in and have a pint (or 12) with you.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:11:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OOO Here's what's in mine right now:

and for those who are sight challanged

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:14:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am thirsty reading this thread Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:42:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Damn you all...now I HAVE to get a beer with dinner....

(Thanks, really didn't need an excuse but it sounded good)
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:05:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Keg is back in my fridge relaxing. Should be ready to go by tonight, now I just have to convince the rest of the gang that they need to play poker. You would think that free beer and food would be enough, but apparently they now want to win sometimes. Grin

Anyone that makes it up this far is more than welcome to stop by and have a couple pints on me.

FWIW, I did go with the Saison, the Greed seemed a bit "yeasty" this time around.

*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:22:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice! Not sure about the chamomile, but I'd give it a try.

OOO And anyone wanna guess what time it is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: