Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Again... the hate for CompUSA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:07:36    Post Subject: Again... the hate for CompUSA Reply with quote View Single Post

OK... so again I have the hate of CompUseless! I got an e-mail about a special pre-view of a sale this Friday. It's one of those midnight madness sales. Great... except it's not really a sale as it is a limited time to get a mail in rebate form.

The dirty bastards have all these items "on sale" for only not only a certain day, and after 6 PM, but they they have items only avaliable during certain hours.

So let me get this right... I have to wait until 11 pm to buy something that isn't really on sale, but has $70 in mail in rebates?? For example at 6pm you can buy a Compaq laptop for $599.99 Well.... not really you buy it for $1029.99 and then have $430 in MIR's. Which at least the one from CompUSA (The store where you are buying it from) will take 10 - 12 weeks before they will even mail you a check after you file your claim.

Confused Bang Head Confused Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head

Reasons for the MIR hell we go through?

1) Between 60% - 95% (depending on which source the info comes from) of consumers don't even try to file the rebate.
2) About 1/2 of those that either have problems, or just don't ever get their check back. (Do that math, that means that they only have to pay the rebate between 2.5% to 20% of the time)
3) For between 6 - 12 weeks, plus processing time, they get to keep your money and invest/use as they choose.

I F'ing hate Mail in Rebates.

Last edited by BeerCheeze on Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:40:53; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:35:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree...MIR suck...took me till this Monday to FINALLY get $25 from evga...I got the card first week of November. I got the evga bucks in December.

Had alot of tigerdirect rebates due to me...got maybe half of them... Mad
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:45:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've never been screwed on a rebate including dozens from both tiger and CompUSA.
HOWEVER, they aren't free, the do take time and effort to read and carefully follow all the instructions, keep copies of everything, track it, and to occasionally have to complain loudly.
So the price after rebate has to be very cheap to pay for your time and aggrevition.
As EC said the midnight madness sales are non-events rarely providing any sort of real deals.
The saturday door busters at CompUSA and the end of the month clearance at tiger are the best bets for those 2.
Buy.com and a couple others can usually match the closeout prices within a week or 2 and seem to pay their rebates (if any) faster than expected.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:59:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

woot.com pwns you
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:59:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
woot.com pwns you

Yes, but we already bought the paper the last time they had it.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:23:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

never had troubles with rebates
i keep an excel sheet of all the rebates i send out and it approximates the date i should receive the rebate check based on the date i mail.... im just anal like that

Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:23:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have to agree they make mail in rebates so hard to get. If its not 50.00 bucks or more i just dont even try to send it in. Once for a printer there was a $15.00 rebate and it took me 4 months or so to get it, and when i did get the rebate it was only $10.00 and it said $15. it turned out to be in the fine print that i had the wrong model and i had the model which had a 10.00 rebate instead of the 15.00.So from now on if it not 50.00 or more i just dont worry about it. to much of a hassle well for me anyway. Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:33:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got that same flyer and was like WTF?

On the other hand, BB did have 74GB Raptor for $129 OTD.... NE had them for $129+shipping after rebate. There's a first time for everything I guess

Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:34:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

</3 them as well. The only time I've gone there recently was to use a gift card somebody got me. I like the best buy gift cards more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: