Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Again... the hate for CompUSA 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:07:36    Post Subject: Again... the hate for CompUSA Reply with quote

OK... so again I have the hate of CompUseless! I got an e-mail about a special pre-view of a sale this Friday. It's one of those midnight madness sales. Great... except it's not really a sale as it is a limited time to get a mail in rebate form.

The dirty bastards have all these items "on sale" for only not only a certain day, and after 6 PM, but they they have items only avaliable during certain hours.

So let me get this right... I have to wait until 11 pm to buy something that isn't really on sale, but has $70 in mail in rebates?? For example at 6pm you can buy a Compaq laptop for $599.99 Well.... not really you buy it for $1029.99 and then have $430 in MIR's. Which at least the one from CompUSA (The store where you are buying it from) will take 10 - 12 weeks before they will even mail you a check after you file your claim.

Confused Bang Head Confused Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head

Reasons for the MIR hell we go through?

1) Between 60% - 95% (depending on which source the info comes from) of consumers don't even try to file the rebate.
2) About 1/2 of those that either have problems, or just don't ever get their check back. (Do that math, that means that they only have to pay the rebate between 2.5% to 20% of the time)
3) For between 6 - 12 weeks, plus processing time, they get to keep your money and invest/use as they choose.

I F'ing hate Mail in Rebates.

Last edited by BeerCheeze on Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:40:53; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved