Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Penetration testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:50:09    Post Subject: Penetration testing Reply with quote View Single Post

I need to do some penetration testing for a customer. Does anyone know of a cheap/free piece of software that does a decent job? I realize that free may lack a ton of features but I really just need something basic.
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:21:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I believe they have a limited free demo that might do what you want....

http://www.nessus.org/nessus/

DeathStar

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:24:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's another one....Cain & Abel

http://www.oxid.it/cain.html

*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:31:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For gawds sake, if you don't know what your doing. Don't do it! Either one of those tools can bring down their network, and cause permanent damage.

Also there is not a single tool that can be use for Pen testing. It's a process that will start with several tools, and depending on those results lead to other tools/techniques.

By doing a pen test with out the knowledge you need, you are assuming MASSIVE risks. I know of professionals that during their tests, crossed the line and we're held personally liable for it. That liability can be both financial, as well as criminal. If your not a professional pen tester, you don't even know where the line may be.

Seriously... back away from this. If this company needs that work, direct them to a company that does it. Which BTW, it's pretty expensive.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:32:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, He wants to do a simple port scan. NMAP is a great tool for this, and if you don't go insane with it; just use simply options and even use the "-T polite" option it shouldn't cause any harm.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:36:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm surprised at the maturity of this group. Such a great topic, and no giggling or snickering! WTF
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:21:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was expecting it...I'm disappointed in you guys, but thanks for all the help.
Boo Boo

anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 12:49:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I only opened this thread beliveing it to be some kinda joke thread lmao. I was upset when there wasnt a single joke about it haha. Ahwell, i shall go on my buisness without knowing what the test is because i really dont fancy typing it into google lmao.
Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 20:55:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thanks for all the advice fellas, ended up the AngryIP did exactly what the customer needed, they just couldn't explain what they wanted. Rolling Eyes

That could have ended poorly

*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:08:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
thanks for all the advice fellas, ended up the AngryIP did exactly what the customer needed, they just couldn't explain what they wanted. Rolling Eyes

That could have ended poorly

Laughing want to see my shocked face Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: