Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Dana 60 High Pinion Front, Sterling 10.25" rear. :D
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 29 May 2010 01:23:46    Post Subject: Dana 60 High Pinion Front, Sterling 10.25" rear. :D Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi all,
Been absent for awhile, but mostly because I'm spending my time working on my 4x4. Just picked up a pair of Dana 60 front axles and 2 ford (sterling) 10.25" rear axles for my future plans. Going to pick the best of each and mod them to fit under my CJ10A. In the mean time, I've got a set of 4.88 gears on the way for the CJ10A's current axles so I can get her moving before the end of summer.

Pretty much selling every spare computer I have to pay for my other hobby. Sad

Here's one of the two pairs of axles and the jeep they're going into. It will probably take me a year to rebuild/mod them though. Need to shorten the long side of the dana 60 4.5" so it will fit under my jeep, but when done it should be bullet proof and ready for 37" tires, then a cummins 4bt repower to finish it off. Grin The plastic bag in the pic has 3 trac lock limited slip differentials, but I'm not really planning to use them, probably trade them for something if I can. Not really anything to do with computers, but figured I'd let everyone know I was still alive. Wink

tug.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.73 KB
 Viewed:  294 Time(s)

tug.jpg

axles.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.68 KB
 Viewed:  310 Time(s)

axles.jpg

Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:23:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had to glance at the top of the page a few times to see if I was on AK4x4network.com!!!!

Love the CJ, can't wait to see it with the 37's.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 16:28:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi... Looks like fun!

You didn't sell off the Folding farm did you?!? Yikes
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:18:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Hi... Looks like fun!

You didn't sell off the Folding farm did you?!? Yikes

Sold a couple of the quads and some video cards to computer renaissance, but still have the dual xeon 5520. I've contemplated selling it and putting that money towards a plasma cutter, but just can't seem to actually go through with it. Truth is I will probably get the plasma cutter and keep the dual xeon, but it's getting tougher to keep the significant other placated, especially with the younger son playing comp hockey this fall. She's been great, but I'm starting to feel guilty with all the hobbies if you know what i mean. Grin

It's been a crazy couple of months and I just haven't been motivated enough to restart the dual xeon system, but I'll try to get it up and running again.. Spent the last couple days replacing the front disk brakes and bearings on my Jeep, but have some time now that it's in the shop getting the axles re-geared.

Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:22:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
I had to glance at the top of the page a few times to see if I was on AK4x4network.com!!!!

Love the CJ, can't wait to see it with the 37's.

The 37's will be the easy part, the Cummins 4Bt is pretty much unobtainium up here so I'm going to have to find one in the lower 48 and ship it up. If I'm lucky i'll be able to get a break on shipping through a family member, but that's still about a year or two out so I'm hopeful one will magically appear between now and then. Wink

*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:11:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

All I can say is...

It's still clean.

Wink Mr. T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: