Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Seagate's 30th Anniversary Give Away
Win a 640GB Seagate FreeAgent Go
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:06:38    Post Subject: Seagate's 30th Anniversary Give Away Reply with quote View Single Post

Seagate's 30th Anniversary Give Away

On December 1st, Seagate turns 30 years old! To celebrate, they want to give some birthday presents to the visitors at Bigbruin.com. Up for grabs we have 10 Seagate t-shirts and a brand new 640GB FreeAgent Go USB hard drive, as featured on the Seagate website and at Newegg.com.

For 30 years, Seagate has lead in storing, protecting and sharing the world's digital creations. It has done this by providing not only the world's best hard drives and storage solutions, but also the manufacturing prowess and operational excellence, dependable quality and reliability, advanced technology, and commitment to innovation and partnership our customers have come to rely. Today, Seagate continues to excel with innovative products that are central to an increasingly digital world. Of the more than 200 companies that have been involved in hard disk drives over the years, only a few players remain – and Seagate remains the industry leader, three decades later.

Some of Seagate's Key Achievements:

» 1980 - ST506 First 5.25-inch hard disc drive
» 1984 - ST225 First high-volume hard disc drive
» 1990 - Elite 1 First 1GB and 5400 RPM HDD
» 1992 - Barracuda 2 First 7200 RPM hard disc drive
» 1994 - Barracuda 4FC First fibre channel hard disc drive
» 1996 - Cheetah 9 First 10K RPM hard disc drive
» 1998 - Medalist Pro First HDD with fluid-bearing motor
» 2000 - Cheetah X15 First 15K RPM SCSI HDD
» 2001 - DiskStor First external storage solution
» 2002 - Pushbutton Backup 80 Gigabytes of external storage
» 2004 - Savvio First 2.5-inch enterprise-class HDD
» 2005 - Momentus First 100GB 7200 RPM notebook HDD
» 2005 - ST1 First 8 GB 1-inch hard disc drive
» 2006 - World’s First 750 GB disc drive
» 2007 - Ships World’s First Laptop Drives with Full Disc Encryption
» 2007 - Barracuda 7200 1 Terabyte of 7,200 rpm perpendicular recording
» 2008 - Cheetah 15K.6 First Seagate Secure(TM) enterprise Self-Encrypting Drive
» 2008 - Savvio 15K.2 First 6Gb/s SAS HDD
» 2008 - Barracuda 7200.11 World’s First 1.5 TB Hard Drive
» 2008 - Maxtor BlackArmor FDE drive First external FDE drive
» 2009 - Constellation World’s first 2TB SAS

In order to enter you must share some fun facts about what you were doing or where technology was thirty years ago. If you weren't around that long ago, or would rather not share what you were really doing, just get creative!

The Bigbruin.com staff will pick the winner of the 640GB FreeAgent Go from all entrants received based on the entertainment value of the response. Five of the t-shirts will be awarded to randomly selected entrants who share their entries on the Wall of the Bigbruin.com Facebook page. The remaining five t-shirts will be awarded to randomly selected entrants who share their entries in this thread on the Bigbruin.com forum.

Rules:

1. Entries will be accepted until 11:59PM EST on December 04, 2009.
2. Entries can be posted on the Wall of the Bigbruin.com Facebook page or on the Bigbruin.com forum.
3. One 640GB FreeAgent Go will be awarded based on the entertainment value of the entry.
4. Five t-shirts will be awarded to randomly selected entrants from the Wall of the Bigbruin.com Facebook page.
5. Five t-shirts will be awarded to randomly selected entrants from the Bigbruin.com forum.
6. Winners must provide their name, address, and phone number for shipping purposes only.
7. This contest is open to participants in the USA only, and shipping is included.
8. Color of drive may vary from image used with the contest.
9. Rules subject to change.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:45:24; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:56:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh no, USA only Sad
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:20:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I picked up the Seagate drive and t-shirt in a previous contest so I'll sit this one out but I love the external drive for keeping things backed up and my wife loves the t-shirt Smile
MADOGRE
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:22:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

High Tech 30 years ago for me was color TV and Rabbit Ears.
I recall befoe we got rabbit ears having to go out and turn the 20 foot pole to get my fav show, I just told my 10 year old this past week that we had 5 channels growing up, he was made he only had 02-99 on his TV.
skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:07:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

30 years ago I had just finished developing a 3-dimensional fractal based holographic data storage for implimentation on Earth's intergalactic shipping fleet vessels since their old systems with moving parts kept breaking down in the turbulent gravity storms between coagulent universe sectors. Little did I realize that I had caused an intergalactic incident since there was a not-yet-expired space patent of the same basic design issued on Gleegish 4. Well, long story short, Earth was kicked out of the Sentient Beings Aliance, all creatures thereon had their memories wiped and it was deemed necessary that for 31 years (one standard Milky Wayan cycle), Earth would be stripped of its technology and sent back to a pre-spaceage era. Only a few short months and the ban will be lifted. I can't wait! Until then, I suppose a FreeAgent drive will have to do.
Goose
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:40:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

(If I had been around)... I would have been playing my digital handheld baseball game while cruising the interstate in the back seat of my Dad's AMC Pacer... Kicking out the smooth flute laced jams from Jethro Tull on our in-dash 8-track player.... Living large, living large.

Entex-Baseball1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.46 KB
 Viewed:  421 Time(s)

Entex-Baseball1.jpg

01-1975-amc-pacer-x.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.66 KB
 Viewed:  398 Time(s)

01-1975-amc-pacer-x.jpg

=CDU=Above
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:30:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SEGA Genesis!!
I grew up playing Atari 2600 games. I even had some games on cassete tapes that loaded into the Atari system through a module that pluged into the audio jack on a cassete tape player.
Intellevision and Nintendo passed my by. Only the rich kids had those at the time.
But when the SEGA 16bit launched I was old enough to have a job and be one of the first in line.

1990 was spent playing a lot of Arnold Palmer's TOURNAMENT GOLF for Sega Genesis in the middle of the Persian Gulf.

www.cduclan.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

boa49
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:53:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thirty years ago I was 15 years old. The only computer technology I was exposed to at the time was an old Tandy TRS-80 in one of my classrooms. None of the teachers knew anything about it, it just was there. I learned some basic programming to do very basic chores, such as a calculator. We have come a long way since then. We also bought our first VCR for around $800. It had a wired remote. Cable had just hit our area with around 40 channels. We thought we were the stuff.

Thanks Seagate!!!
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:09:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

30 years ago I was working on the invention of the abbacus. Yes, technology has improved that much in 30 years. But seriously I wasn't even boring yet, and I'm sure a desktop sized calculator was a big deal.
=CDU=Above
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:14:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

=CDU=Above wrote:
SEGA Genesis!!
I grew up playing Atari 2600 games. I even had some games on cassete tapes that loaded into the Atari system through a module that pluged into the audio jack on a cassete tape player.
Intellevision and Nintendo passed my by. Only the rich kids had those at the time.
But when the SEGA 16bit launched I was old enough to have a job and be one of the first in line.

1990 was spent playing a lot of Arnold Palmer's TOURNAMENT GOLF for Sega Genesis in the middle of the Persian Gulf.

Wait, I only went back 20 years didn't I.
30 years ago...Atari maybe? That was when I was about ten. Combat came with it. The first games I got besides that one were Astroids, Missle Command, Laser Blast and Air Sea Battle.

www.cduclan.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: