Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New and wanting advice
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodflekk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 07:14:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It is clean, no dust at all. What is best to be the main focus when overclocking GPU ? Should it be the Core bus or the memory?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

nolonger
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 08:39:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd say back off that overclock, 83ÂșC is enough to heat up the whole case if you don't have proper airflow.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:03:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What are you using to measure temperatures?
blodflekk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:39:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dropped all overclocking now because the gains were very minimal. As for the apps I was using to monitor H/W, I was using CPU-Z, GPU-Z and Speedfan
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:57:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Looks like you're going to need more air flow, replace/reseat the heat sink on your video card (warning will likely void any warranty). or depending on the ambient temperature you might need to go more extreme and look to water cooling.

83C is way to hot, you would likely start causing damage to the components.
blodflekk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:15:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well ideally I would like a new system but I just have no money at the moment, and that video card has always been running hot. But it seems like a new thing that these games are running slow I just ran UT3 and it was slow and I have never had any problems with it, About a month ago I did a cheap motherboard upgrade from a P35 to a P45 to improve things and I ran UT3 fine on the old mobo.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:18:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How about case cooling? Where are the intake and exhaust fans, and how big/fast are they?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

blodflekk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:42:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Video card died 2 days ago - reached temps of 107C at idle, and stock speeds. I ran the video memory test and it pulled up 7000 errors after 13mins of testing. I had to put in the old 8600GT Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: