Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Posting at the BigBruin.Com Forum
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:54:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Visual confirmation is turned on. Just been getting a ton of people registering to list their URLs I suppose. A previous hack I did keeps people off the member list until they complete the registration by clicking the link in the e-mail... So, the effort is generally wasted by the spammers. Most of you never see the complete member list, but I can, and I just delete all of those spammer ones...

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:42:13; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:48:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, well visual conformation is the same here and on VH and it seems very easy to read for a computer.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:02:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

even with the visial thing i still get a lot of spammers on my site

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
thegrub
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:58:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Last edited by thegrub on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:41:49; edited 1 time in total
skar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:48:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thegrub wrote:
Jason wrote:
Anyone have ideas for the member ranking theme? Currently:

Rank...................# of Posts
Rated PG............0
Rated PG-13.......25
Rated R...............50
Rated NC-17.......100
Rated XXX...........200

Any ones related to Bruins, seemed too obscure... or to bears, seemed kinda poofy... I just went with the movie ratings for no real reason...

Confused Two Cents Confused

Bear types related by size, but unless you are familiar with them (too obscure) then you will not know which is greater.
Sun
Panda
Black
Grizzly
Kodiak
Polar

Neat idea, but why not include descriptors like cub, teddy, etc
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:56:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just noticed something in the forum mailbox worth mentioning... If you are signing up for the forum, and use one of those overly annoying spam filters that makes people trying to contact you jump through hoops, please whitelist bigbruin.com first. Upon completing your registration for the forum an e-mail is sent that includes a link you have to click to complete the process.

I see a handful of messages in the forum inbox saying that I have to take additional steps in order for the confirmation message to be delivered.

No. Not going to happen. I don't need to take any additional steps, and in general I don't check that mail box anyway.

Smile
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:19:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thegrub wrote:

Bear types related by size, but unless you are familiar with them (too obscure) then you will not know which is greater.
Sun
Panda
Black
Grizzly
Kodiak
Polar

Can I just be customized to BOFH and then we can move on as all other points of discussion will be rendered moot.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:30:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Huh?

Not sure what you're talking about, but it did remind me of something I apparently never posted.

When you get to 250 posts, you can change your title to whatever you want (20 characters or less). So, you can change yours to BOFH if you want Kilamon. Look up Custom Title on your Profile page.
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:30:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

250..hmm..time to get posting! Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:03:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Changed a couple things on the backend... PM limit changed from 200 max in your inbox, 200 max in your sentbox, and 20 max in your savebox to 500 max in your inbox, 500 max in your sentbox, and 50 max.

And - avatar size was increased from 100x100 to 125x125.

Any other suggestions?

Custom color requests? Custom title requests?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: