Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid-Tower Case
http://www.bigbruin.com/content/cmhaf922_1
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 12 May 2009 06:37:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid-Tower case is an excellent choice for gamers, enthusiasts, or anybody who wants to have a great looking case while also keeping their components cool. Installing components is nearly tool-less, and the only time you will need any tools will be when you mount your motherboard and power supply.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:28:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks, been waiting for this one. Now to decide whether to get this or spend a little more for the Cooler Master Storm Sniper.
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:37:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for review. I'm not a huge fan of the HAF 932 (highly functional but kinda ugly) but I actually really like the look of the 922. I think this will be another strong addition to the CM lineup.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:46:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very good review! I agree with the comments about needing higher "feet" for better air clearance and preferring to have the interior painted rather it being bare metal.

I especially liked the shots about the video card clearances. Makes it clearer for those with longer cards, especially when some vendors are introducing foot-long cards already!
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:11:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
I especially liked the shots about the video card clearances. Makes it clearer for those with longer cards, especially when some vendors are introducing foot-long cards already!

Had the power connectors been on the end of the card like the 8800GTS I have, there is no way it would've fit in the Blackline. Seems that if you want to have one of the latest cards you have to get a case designed for it (or for the E-ATX motherboards). This is really sad as how many standard size cases are out there? I would say probably 90% (if not higher) of cases are standard depth. I have had friends that cut out their hard drive supports at the end of the video card to make room for it.
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:02:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I want to see graphics card makers start shrinking their cards back down to reasonable sizes (like what nvidia did with the 250). It is silly to have to buy a full tower case to accomodate a high end video card.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:23:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's not even just a "Full Tower". Most of those are the same depth as Mid-Towers, just taller. Yes, some of them do have added room inside, but not all of them Smile

You really need a case designed for the E-ATX/Server motherboards or these new cards.

I do agree with you x.clay. They really do need to take the size of the cards back down to a manageable size. Cards shouldn't be longer than the standard motherboard.

I can remember long ago when cards would take the entire depth of the case. Used to have support brackets on the front of the case to stablize the cards when they stuck up that far.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:37:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
It's not even just a "Full Tower". Most of those are the same depth as Mid-Towers, just taller. Yes, some of them do have added room inside, but not all of them

True, I would have to remove the fan bracket from the middle of my case if I was going to try to squeeze in something like a 4850x2. I like the idea of a support bracket as my 4870 sags a little more than I would like. I've seen Lian Li put these in some of there cases.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:10:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's why I like this 922 and maybe even the CM Storm series as it seems CM is building their cases longer instead of taller to accomodate these longer cards.

I wish the move towards 40nm and later 32nm GPUs will reverse the trend of making the cards long
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 15 May 2009 02:57:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
That's why I like this 922 and maybe even the CM Storm series as it seems CM is building their cases longer instead of taller to accomodate these longer cards.

I wish the move towards 40nm and later 32nm GPUs will reverse the trend of making the cards long

That's one of the main reasons I bought the CM Storm Sniper. While the Storm Scout isn't as large length wise, the HAF 922 seems to be just as large
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: