Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
doing some first mods, need basic wiring help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 00:22:05    Post Subject: doing some first mods, need basic wiring help Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey everybody,

just doing some simple lighting mods, along with water cooling, need to drill some holes too.

i have 3-4 led's i'd like to run in one circuit, on a switch, i'm going to mount the switch, with the others, on the bottom of front of case in a lian li mesh bay cover. i have a 6077b which has 5.25" bays top to bottom, i put in a big (3 bay 120mm) fan w/ hdd cage and mesh front cover. want to dispense of stock 2 bay hdd cage, which has 80mm fan, and has slotted grill, it has the pwr, reset switches in it though. so will add several mesh style bay covers in it's place, which will match fan/hdd cage, one of them will hold two vandal switches for pwr/reset, one will be left alone, and the bottom one i'd like to add switches to for fans and lights.

i don't have any idea how to wire a vandal switch, i looked at the picture and it has 5 leads, i think, on the back. anyway i don't get the basic idea of the switch, some simple rocker switches only have two leads, does that just serve to connect the positive lead? some switches have multiple terminals though and require a ground. is that just because they have an led in the switch itself? so in the case of the vandal switches would it be one pair of leads for the pwr switch, which would be using the pos lead from that, and then a pos and a ground for the led, and the leftover i think is an alternate light function?

the other thing is the 3 led's which will be in reservoir and pump, which aren't next to each other, pump on bottom, and res in top bay slot. I found a cool mini pcb with one floppy to 3 x 2 pin terminals, that seems easy and would work well to distribute the lights, and i'd get to use my floppy connector. with that i would think i could put a switch on the floppy connector wires. however this has 2 power lines on it, 5v and 12v, so how does one wire that to a regular rocker switch with the two terminals, or do you not? i would think you'd need one for each hot wire?

thanks a lot for any help with this,
df

G-Skill F2800, PC2 8500, 2 x 2G
EVGA 8800GTS(@600, 902)
Corsair TX750
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:42:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is the switch anything like this one?
link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: