Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Mid-Week 4x4 trip
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:34:53    Post Subject: Mid-Week 4x4 trip Reply with quote View Single Post

Finally managed another trip to Knik Glacier, couldn't have picked a better day. No wind and no clouds, it was a great run and we finally were able to take the FJ's all the way back to the glacier. Here's some pics of the trip as well as a google maps link centered on the spot the glacier pictures were taken from. It's 26 miles from the end of the road to the glacier. We left the road about 10:45am and returned to the road just after 7:45pm. Spent about an hour and a half at the glacier grilling up some Brats, busting ice with handguns of various calibers and taking pictures.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=61.410348,-148.546389&spn=0.003815,0.010718&t=h&z=17

Boo Boo

heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:11:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very nice pics! Glad you had a good day Smile
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:33:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks,
Here's a couple more that Brian (Titanium FJC) took, just so people don't think it was all flat and wide open. The drifting snow makes it look nice and flat, but the bottom picture is pretty representative of what was out there for about 1/3 or the trip and the first pic is of Brian (his passenger took it) coming back down onto the flats from the trail through the woods that covers about 1/5 of the journey. Fortunately the cold temps kept most of the mud holes at bay, but there were a couple places we broke through the ice crossing creeks. Those pictures are still to come though. Smile

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:49:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very cool.

I got a set of stainless steel KC Daylighters going to waste... Anyone need to bolt a set to their bumper?
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:59:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd take you up on that offer Jason, but I've got a second set of Hella's still sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. Probably won't happen anytime soon though because summers coming and in about another month I won't need my headlights until September. Wink
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 02:16:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very nice pics...I have so much to explore in this state. All I've seen is from Kenai to Homer and a road trip to Anchorage for a day. I thought Montana was a big state, this state makes me feel small.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 07:18:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Alaska is one of those places I've always wanted to go, these pics show why. Looks absolutely beautiful up there.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:02:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Alaska is one of those places I've always wanted to go, these pics show why. Looks absolutely beautiful up there.

same here, those pictures just make me want to go that much more. My in-laws took a land and sea cruise in Alaska a few years back and my father in law fell in love with the place. Awesome pics and I'm jealous Smile
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 04:20:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just saw an FJ pass me by a few days ago. Awesome-looking Toyota.

What handguns did you bring, acrux? I'm partial to Glocks Smile
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:42:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
I just saw an FJ pass me by a few days ago. Awesome-looking Toyota.

What handguns did you bring, acrux? I'm partial to Glocks Smile

Funny you should ask, I carry a Glock 36 Grin The other guys had a Kahr 9mm (nice) and S&W .357 revolver. As expected in these situations, everyone had several trigger pulls on all three weapons. Grin

We made another trip yesterday, but the ice was melting fast and the mud holes got to be just a bit deeper than we wanted, so after me pulling brian out twice and him winching me out once, we turned back.

mud1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.77 KB
 Viewed:  355 Time(s)

mud1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: