Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Mid-Week 4x4 trip
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:43:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The mud hole.

mud3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149 KB
 Viewed:  264 Time(s)

mud3.jpg

Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:45:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spring scenery and my buddies titanium (silver) FJ nex to my black diamond (black)

mud4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.41 KB
 Viewed:  238 Time(s)

mud4.jpg

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:07:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I convinced my brother last year to get a 36 as a backup. He likes it very much even though he's a 1911 fan.

A Kahr is an excellent backup gun, its like the new replacement for the snubnose.

I used to own a Taurus 85CH but had to sell it eventually. Gun prices here in our country are atrocious!

Its good to see a 4x4 out in the mud rather than just parked next to a cafe Smile
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:23:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
anonemus wrote:
I just saw an FJ pass me by a few days ago. Awesome-looking Toyota.

What handguns did you bring, acrux? I'm partial to Glocks Smile

Funny you should ask, I carry a Glock 36 Grin The other guys had a Kahr 9mm (nice) and S&W .357 revolver. As expected in these situations, everyone had several trigger pulls on all three weapons. Grin

We made another trip yesterday, but the ice was melting fast and the mud holes got to be just a bit deeper than we wanted, so after me pulling brian out twice and him winching me out once, we turned back.

Blhaaaa! Glock. Blhaaaa Get a real gun. Sig baby Grin I'm even looking into getting their .22 for teaching the wife how to shoot, and for cheap range time.

(You can still keep the Kahr & Smith though).
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:26:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
acruxksa wrote:
anonemus wrote:
I just saw an FJ pass me by a few days ago. Awesome-looking Toyota.

What handguns did you bring, acrux? I'm partial to Glocks Smile

Funny you should ask, I carry a Glock 36 Grin The other guys had a Kahr 9mm (nice) and S&W .357 revolver. As expected in these situations, everyone had several trigger pulls on all three weapons. Grin

We made another trip yesterday, but the ice was melting fast and the mud holes got to be just a bit deeper than we wanted, so after me pulling brian out twice and him winching me out once, we turned back.

Blhaaaa! Glock. Blhaaaa Get a real gun. Sig baby Grin I'm even looking into getting their .22 for teaching the wife how to shoot, and for cheap range time.

(You can still keep the Kahr & Smith though).

pfffftt..... Walther baby...

About Misty learning... ...just dont teach her how to load it and you should be safe. lol

Last edited by knight0334 on Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:31:43; edited 1 time in total
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:29:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
I convinced my brother last year to get a 36 as a backup. He likes it very much even though he's a 1911 fan.

A Kahr is an excellent backup gun, its like the new replacement for the snubnose.

I used to own a Taurus 85CH but had to sell it eventually. Gun prices here in our country are atrocious!

Its good to see a 4x4 out in the mud rather than just parked next to a cafe Smile

At least you're allowed to own them unlike most other countries.. ..Thats one thing I gotta give the Philippines a lot of respect for.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:00:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
I'm even looking into getting their .22 for teaching the wife how to shoot

You're a brave man... Or just crazier than I figured! Evil Banana
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:06:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
BeerCheeze wrote:
I'm even looking into getting their .22 for teaching the wife how to shoot

You're a brave man... Or just crazier than I figured! Evil Banana

A little of both likely.....
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 04:41:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, here in the Philippines a civilian is generally allowed to own one handgun and one shotgun.

Hey, a .22 is better than nothing Smile

@acrux--you also carry a blade? I used to own one of the first Spyderco Military to come out. Was an awesome blade at that time...
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:18:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
Yup, here in the Philippines a civilian is generally allowed to own one handgun and one shotgun.

Hey, a .22 is better than nothing Smile

@acrux--you also carry a blade? I used to own one of the first Spyderco Military to come out. Was an awesome blade at that time...

Nothing fancy, I usually have a Spyderco Rescue or my Kershaw. I was always told that you weren't a real sailor unless you had a knife on you at all times. The serrated edged spyderco's worked really well for boat/ship type uses (cutting line, splicing etc.) and the rescue version was one of the more inexpensive models so I kind of gravitated towards it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: