Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Vista on 32bit computers
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryan_ronin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:59:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Vista Ultimate SP1 is way nicer than XP only if your comp can handle it. but i heard windows 7 is even faster than xp
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SUSHRUKH
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 02:23:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

daemon wrote:
SUSHRUKH wrote:
That is right.Vista is nothing without the DX10 capability.

Not really yet the same could be said for Windows 7 and DX11.

Also take it easy with your posting SUSHRUKH, you have one whole month to make the required 20 posts. Its not a "whoever posts the most wins" type contest.

I only posted a few posts.What's your problem at that ?
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 02:36:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you only have a 32bit system(lower end now), you're probably not going to like the 'lets use twice as much RAM' perk of Vista.

:-)

My job makes me run Vista on a machine with only a gig of RAM, it's not fun when pretty much all the software you're running has to run in swapspace.

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:51:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Win 7 runs really well on all systems I've put it on. RC1 runs just fine on an old IBM T40 with 1GB of memory.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:41:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I still run XP SP3 on my home system even if I have the option of re-installing Vista 32-bit on it. Because my home PC is used mainly for gaming, I prefer to stick to XP.

I do use Win7 on my office laptop and do feel strongly that this new OS will replace my XP at home when Win7 RC is released anytime soon.

What I haven't tried yet is a 64-bit OS. I just upgraded to 2x2GB DDR2800 RAMs but XP only sees 3GB...
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:18:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I run all 3 OS's here at home on different rigs and by far Win7 is a pretty good upgrade to Vista even though they use the same basic kernel (that's why the drivers are basically the same), Win7 is just more user friendly and a bit more optimized.
zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:14:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been running both the 64-bit (on my MAIN rig) and 32-bit (on my HTPC) versions of Windows Vista for almost 2 years now and I'm satisfied with both Operating Systems.

I personally like the look and feel of Vista over the old look of XP.

It is true that Vista doesn't offer too much over XP, unless you go with the 64-bit version and then you can have full benefit from 4GB (or more).

But it really depends what you're looking for...If you have a strong PC, which can carry Vista, as it requires pretty strong hardware to run fast, then I'd personally go with Vista.

And another tip: I personally think that Vista really matured over the past 2 years. It had its flaws and problems, but most of the problems are already fixed and gone now.

So...that's my 2 cents advice for you. If you have a stong PC, go with Vista. And further more, if you have or plan to have 4GB of RAM, go with the 64-bit version. I'm very satisfied with it. Grin

Last edited by zachig on Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:21:32; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

kryptonian_sher
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:44:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had an XP, migrated to Vista, encountered a lot of problems, wasnt really impressed with the system, and now went back to XP like the prodigal son that I am, and now Im happy as a clam! Waiting for Windows 7 to go full bloom.... No more Vista for me...
lockhead
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:07:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i installed vista mainly because my machine exceeds the minimum requirement. it is not advisable to use vista if u have only 1gb mems and a pentium 4 or pentium D processor. i like vista coz DX10 is supported in games (that's if u have a Dx10 compatible card) Grin

i also have Win7 and its much better than vista. its faster, responsive and is not using much resources compared to vista and oh, i like the UI very much Thumbs Up

Intel Q9550 @ 4.0 Ghz with Noctua NH-U12P | ASUS P5Q Deluxe | 2 x 2GB OCZ Blade 1066 MHZ | 160GB Samsung | 500GB Maxtor | Corsair HX750W | LG Dual layer DVDRW | Diamond 4890 XOC | 20" Samsung 2043NWX | Scythe Kaze Master | Gigabyte Case
Kontrol
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:57:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

daemon wrote:
Unless you want to run DX10 then I would stick with XP however if you do want to go Vista, I would go with a x64 version.

If I was you, I would skip Vista and wait for Windows 7.

Don't you need a rather beefy computer to run games in DX10? My labtop is vista and can't really run any games in DX10, last game i tried was hellgate and fps was around 8, didn't even seem like it looked any better either.

I hope Windows 7 comes out soon, I'm ready to learn a new OS! How is the Windows 7 beta coming along?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: